Wednesday, August 26, 2020

OUR FUTURE

                                                Ben and Morgan say good=bye.

I am so proud of all my young grand children and also the great grand children.  They seem so bright and mature and each one of them has special gifts.  They are the future!  It will be exciting!
Ben is going to be bilited this year.  Morgan starts a new school.  She is continuing her dancing.

Morgan lit all the candles I do not know how many there were.  Theresa plans to carry on hereducation.  We wish her all the best.

                                 They are checking the new up grades kn the up stairs bathroom.

The diner was delicious even though Carol said a lot of things went wrong.  I always found the best meals often turned out the best even when I feared the worst.

A lovely warm evening.
Not room enough to sit outside.
They have all voted to put this place up for sale.
It has been a wonderful place for family groups.

The Canucks won!!
I think it was 5 to 1.
I do not like the rough stuff.

All our lives have a plan and a purpose.

There are difficult days ahead 
but we will find new strength and courage for the future.
I will keep you all in my prayers.

 Tasha phoned to talk to dad about getting tested for celiac,
He said it was a good idea.
Tasha ia still working for the bus company but not driving buses for awhile.

Everyone is worried about dad.
It was so good Sandra and Randy drove 
because dad's ribs hurt.

The temperature in the car was perfect!

5 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

The Canucks played well , great come back after their 5-0 loss on Sunday.
Where would Carol and Pentali moved to ? I received my letter yesterday .All i have to do now
is sign it and I will be retired . ?? After 36 years its hard to leave .
Ken

Anonymous said...

We are so fortunate to have two very special properties for our little parties. One with a beautiful yard and pool, the other overlooking a lovely Golf hole.

Yes Ken it is such a decision - 36 years Wow! Big changes!
I only had 29 and a half.
In a lot of ways, one defines ones self by what the do for a living.

Yes I was very proud of the way the Canucks answered the bell, and the Coach did such a great job as well. They are a good team!

All our children/Grand/Great-Grand are very special and we love them so much!

nancy-Lou said...

Nice photos of the family get birthday party for Teresa. Happy Birthday Teresa.

Is Teresa studying education? Good for her, working with the kids.
I loved my years teaching at our local school. I enjoy going back and teaching art too...I was looking forward to teaching art again, this fall, but with Covoid, there aren't any visitors allowed in the school. Just the regular staff and students.
I cannot teach privately either, or should I rephrase that, I am not going to teach any piano lessons or art classes for a while yet. Our case load right now is leading canada in the number of people with the virus per capita. It jumped ahead about 5 weeks ago, and has been climbing.
I keep forgetting that we aren't having visitors to our house...one of the cousins from Saskatchewan is here and asked if she could come over for a visit and bring a friend...I said sure, then had to text her and say, sorry but we aren't having visitors due to the virus.

I was sad to hear they placed a bear cage in the cottage area....sad especially because they don't relocate them, they shoot them. I don't know why the bears have to pay the price for lazy and careless cottagers who leave garbage outside. I think they are the ones who should be disciplined with a fine...not the poor bears lose their lives.
I am working on it..with our council and natural resources.
I am sorry to hear that Ken has to retire and to hear of so many people being laid off from Quantos airlines. What sad times we live in now. I hope that he is able to find work soon. Covoid is so bad there...I follow it on the news.Stay healthy Ken and family and don't worry you will land on your feet! Good things to come.

Ken just left to go kayaking...he bought a new pedal kayak and is anxious to try it out. He has a two seater and we will go out together soon. I haven't been in a kayak before so it should be interesting! Canoed lots.
Are Carol and Pantelli thinking of selling their place? I hope they don't move too far away from you.

We said we aren't going to move again...that is it! But we plan on coming out to Vancouver Island to visit and will most definitely stop by for a visit with you and Larry. It won't be this winter though, with the virus likely still be around.
I heard that many of the winter rentals are all booked up now. The snow birds from here have booked them...they cannot go to their places in Arizona and Texas. I think they could go, but the health insurance isn't available to them..due to the covoid virus and is the Canada closes its doors to Canadians who have travelled out of the country, they are stuck.

I am on the warpath about the bears being trapped by conservation....the trap is set up near the golf course...the poor bear will be shot. I am in conversation with our council and conservation officials. wish me luck,

Have a lovely evening and a good sleep,
Love to you both, Nancy

Well I have to frame the painting I finished today...better get to work.




Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, the younger generation are doing very well. Now if I could just get Christopher to go to the dentist!

All the birthdays are coming up in early September but I won't be coming down. Maybe for Christmas.

I really don't think Carol and Pentali should sell their place.

I guess Kenny has a tough decision to make.


Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Carol and Panteli do not think there place will sell quickly.
They are fixing up their bath rooms.

We will miss your visit Rick.
Hope you find out exactly what is wrong.

My doctor is phoning to-morrow to tell me about my test for my heart.
I feel I did good.
I get tired very quickly but I can rest.

Love mom