Wednesday, May 12, 2021

SIMPLE

Dad and I treasure the simple moments of kindness
That fill our days with happiness.

We enjoyed driving to have supper with Panteli.
His favorite simple meal chicken and vetables and salad
and even a brownie for desert.

After we skyped with Carol and Kim and Hamlet and Alba.
Alba has lots of dark hair and reminds us of our girls.
It is good there are many arms to hold her and watch over her.
She will be changing every day now.
A little brighter.

Our day had been simple trying to figure out doctor's appointments.
Dad's doctor will phone on Friday.
My surgery is May 17.

Our friend Pat phoned and we had some good laughs together,.
We are fed up with cooking and cleaning.

Dad is enjoying cleaning up and I am so thankful.

I have a sore knee that I need to rest.

Not a good day to walk or to cut the grass.
Good thing I did a bit in the yard yesterday.

I start the morning with reading some inspirational simple words.
Words that set the mood for the day.
Words that I can share.
Words that can be a blessing to others.
Words on little cards from Shandel.

" Take nothing for granted"


 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

That is nice you get to see Kimberly and the baby as often as you do.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Technology changes but babies are the same. It is nice there is a baby in the family again.

I really think you ought to go easier on the yard work.

I talk to my respiratory doctor tomorrow.

My work has become a bit more dramatic lately (conflict with a big company) which actually, at least in the short-term, gives me a bit of energy from the adrenalin (I guess that this the word) that arises from the stress.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes Rick
Babies give us happiness.

Hope you get some answers from the doctor.
Phone and let us know.

Your work is a challenge I think.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Simple things really do matter. So many simple things bring us joy. Today the smell of fresh spring air. Ahhh happy Friday.