Monday, May 24, 2021

WISHES

I Wish I could find a picture of Jane and I.

I found this one of Sandra and Morgan.

I wish I could see her one more time.
Only one visitor allowed while she is in hospital..

We have shared a lifetime together.  We always ate out on our birthdays.  We went for a morning walk once a week.  This gradually became a time we would go back to her beautiful home, where her husband would put the coffee on and Larry would come and join us.  Sitting out on the sundeck with a view of the ocean surrounded by trees and flowers was a beautiful time.  What a blessing our husbands got along well too.

We shared her gried when Jeff died.  /Back then you could have a funeral at the church..

Dad and I visited her when she has surgery on her spine.  She and Jeff visited me when I had my lung surgery.  We both recovered well.

We shared all our deepest secrets and we shared the sadness of the death of her trobled daughter andd the death of our great grand daughter Madeline.

She taught me to be a better hostess and I shared my faith with her and helped her through times of doubt.  We pray for each other every day.
To have a good friend is a blessing.

I was wishing it would rain lasts night and it did.
Now I am wishing for the sun to come out.

Dad spent hours putting his weed wacker together.  Not an easy task when screws provided do not seem to fit.

Sandra went shopping at Value Village and bought me about five purses.  I will need to clean out my cupboard to find space,  When I looked at my purse, Simone came me years ago, with her eyes I realized it was very worn out and full of crumbs.  We where talking about going and buying
 one.  When something is given with Love it's value is priceless!

We talk about things but do not always do them.

I am walking with my cane and every friend I meet tells me I am walking much better, standing straighter and not bent over.

If you are lucky enough to find a way of life (which 
includes love and friendship) your life has meaning and strength, laughter and tears and wholeness which is another word for holiness1

Thank you Jane for being my best friend.
I wish you will be well looked after and feeling better soon.

I may go back and corret this or I may not..

Still raining.

Dad and Spenser are st both snoring away!

Happy Monday.  Wear your raincoat and boots!






 

7 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

So sorry to hear your dear friend Jane is in the hospital. You and she shared many good times together and a friendship that many never have in a lifetime.You both are blessed! I do hope she makes a good recovery and you will be able to visit with her again.

I really enjoyed hearing about the good times together, with your husbands. don't you wish you could turn the clock back sometimes?

i am playing hookey from the garden..ken is out there hauling earth and wood chips in his garden wheel barrow. He has built Hugglekulture gardens out of window wells and cattle panels and it works wonders. He fills the bottom of them with old wood etc which breaks down over time and the top half is earth topped with wood chips. it makes for very little weeding and not much bending over and for a nourishing environment to grow things in.
he has a little seat that is on wheels that he can sit and to look after it.
This year we are going to grow more broccolini, because we loved it so much and spinach, which is new for us. of course the usual, carrots and beans and peas and lettuce and tomatoes and butternut squash and zucchini. hmm did I forget something?

I guess I had better get out there and do my gardening too..flowers are my job!

I hope you can get out with Spenser, maybe when there is a break in the rain. He is such a cutie!

Have a lovely and day and may the sun come out and shine!
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

I wrote a long comment to you Nancy and it has disappeared.

Our family likes to hear all the things you are ding.

You are a neat couple.

Our friends Pat and John have a very big garden.
They bring us veggies.

Growing up my parents had a big garden. Dad did not do dishes or house work
Mom did not work in the garden. did not do dishes or house work.

I am having a hard tin=me typing.

Larry is have pain in his back along with foot pain etc.
Could it be the pancreous?
If it is he will be having a difficult time ahead,
no he cannot have surgery.

Spenser and I had a good walk before the rain got too heavy.
Good for my flowers.

We are off to the store together.

Love Beth

Ken Bennett said...

Hi Mom, I think that is Sandra and Mary in your photo. Is your hand sore or your eyes that make it hard to type?
Jasmine went into the city yesterday, with all the school leaders from Melbourne. Matthew is feeling better today. We have four local cases of Covid after 90 days covid free. I Hope Dad feels better. Give Jane my best if you get to see her.
Ken

Ken Bennett said...

PS Go Oilers ( sorry Nancy-lou )

Shandel said...

So disappointing that they couldn't pull off a win. Now to wait for next season.

Shandel said...

What a beautiful friendship. I hope Jane recovers and feels better soon. Sending her loving healing prayers. Who did the housework and dishes? Some days I wish I didn't have to do it hah.

Shandel said...

I am so glad to hear you are using your cane and hopefully you're also noticing the difference it makes and how much better it can be. Walking is such an important part of the day.