Friday, May 7, 2021

WANDERINGS


"New Beauty meets us at every step
in all our wanderings."
John Muir
Every day I will open a card from Sandel and find a new quote.
I meet a friend at the park who I gave a card too,
I wanted to mention it.

It has been a strange  day
The cleaning ladies did not come, my fault I messed up.
I was late coming back from my walk, she was early
They will come on Monday.
I am leaving more mess for them to clean.

Dad was at the dentist so he was not at home.

Yesterday the mailman had a big smile on his face when he gave me the card from Rick.
I appreciate the effort that would take him.
Loving words always make me happy.

Today a young fellow with a big smile gave me a basket of c=goodies from Melina and Ken.  I wanted to open it up but decided to wait until  Sunday.
Thank you both.

I am sure Melina and Jasmine enjoyed the mother's day tea.

Dad and I had lunch at the Irish Pub.  I am feeling sick to my stomach so I am thinking something was not gluten free although I asked the girl to check with the cook.

At Brown's social club they know me and usually mention it when they bring my order that it is gluten free.

My mind did a lot of wandering today.  I was thinking back to the times mom and I spent together.
 She was a good mom who made home a happy place to be.

Happiness comes from all of you remembering me!





 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Sounds like lots of small little happy moments, other than the tummy upset of course.

And it is so nice, your blog no longer is full of dad's tummy troubles and being worried and things can't go on like this.

I worked, did a bit of planting, went for a walk.

No nice people coming to my door. No lunch out.

Steady-as-rain said...

Nana Bowron was a very loving person. She also said "duckie" a lot, I seem to recall.

Glad my Mother's Day card got there on time.

It is good Shandel's gift keeps on giving as you share the cards.

I am hoping the respiratory doctor will actually have something helpful to say or prescribe next week. My breathing is not good.

Love,

Rick

Catherine G said...

Happy Mother's Day, Beth. Much love to you.
-Cathy