Saturday, January 10, 2009

ALL OF LIFE IS EPHEMERAL

OUR SAD LITTLE TREE'S NAKED SEASON IS EPHEMERAL
IT IS NICE TO HAVE MY CUPBORDS ORGANIZED AND PRETTY



Does anyone know what ephemeral means?

Why do I keep continially losing things?

Some things are unimportant but mostly I lose what I value the most.

"We will lose what we love, but we will have loved."

One of the worst loss I had lately when I lost a tooth. There was this horrible gaping hole and no way was I going to smile. Fortunately this was fixed temporarily and I am reminded of how much of life is spent in trying to "fix" things.

Instead I am trying to learn to stop and be aware of my thoughts and emotions instead of getting frantic. Retracing your steps can be helpful. It is time to take a breath and to laugh. It is time to pray and to believe that if it is meant to be we will find it.

Sure enough my cell phone was found on the floor of the back seat of Dad's car!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ephemeral I would say means transistory or passing. Lets see what the dictionary says, "lasting for only a day; lasting for only a very short time; very short-lived".

If you have stopped taking that particular pill, better go back to the doctor that prescribed it.

Oh - Sandra - I think the "news" from Ranu is that she is trying to get Lucas into a fancy primary school for next fall.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

On the contrary....

I think the things you value the most cant really be lost unless we consciously let them go....

IE: You havent lost your mind! You havent lost grandpa! You havent lost your sense of humor! And you havent lost your temper!

If you loose all those things, minus the last one, than you might have a problem.

Although grandpa sometimes looses himself in busy places. So I wouldnt hold yourself responsible if you loose him from time to time.

All is good in the world when we still have things left to loose.

Theresa