Friday, January 16, 2009

THE CHANGING DAY

The day bagan as usual as I was looking for something I lost, pills actually.
Thankdfully Mary and Michael John came to cheer us up. They had been to Colebrook Church to meet the minister. They had a gracious visit with Randy.

Dad talked about how much he would like our dear friend Doug Graeves to marry them even if it was in the church in Ladner. We had some past history because we took our children there before the church in Tswassen was built. They will have a visit with him next week. But it is their decision and they are doing such a great job planning their wedding.

I went to the nursing home to visit, two of my dear friends did not respond at all. I put my hand on them so gently and pray for Jesus to hold them close. I know they are ready to go. Then I played a game with the activity lady; such a beautiful young girl with so much love and patience for these dear people.

I drive home very slowly feeling the pain increasing and it almost feels like a sadness in my bones. It has been decided that our family is very unemotional but I think that if anyone has really read my thoughts that feelings of sadness often are included.

Tears are a gift to be shared! JESUS WEPT

Dad made supper and we watched some of the hockey game. I listened to my I-pod.

I read a little card one of the family gave me "A grandmother is someone who's thoughtful and dear. She's someone the family needs very much - someone they think the world of.
And I think the world of each one of them.

"Prayer is not a pious gesture at all.
It is a response to the One whose heart beats with ours.
--Joan Chitester

So I am off for a walk with Janet into the fog! What a brave soul she is and a great friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who has decided we are an unemotional family? By what standards? Dont we laugh, cry, get angry,sad? I know that I do, just ask Randy every time I watch any movie with the lease bit of sappy sad stuff in it! Just because we do not slather each other in phoney kisses and embraces does not mean we are unemotional. It just makes those hugs and kisses when they come all the more preciouse because you know they are truly heartfelt.