Tuesday, January 27, 2009

IT WAS A GOOD DAY

FOR SANDRA - MOM HAS ON THESE THING-MEES WITH SPIKES - GOOD
JUST AS MOM WAS LEAVING FOR WALK - MUCH MORE SNOW WHEN RETURNED



A gentle day that gave me time to read and walk and pray.

I was reading about King Hezekiah, who was under siege, everything he did he did in a spirit of prayerful worship. He told the people "Be strong! take courage! We have our God to help us and fight for us." He made the city strong and stirred up faith.

Yesterday as I thought about these words I had a picture. Remember when we were kids and people put mean signs on your back, yesterday I felt like I had a sign that said "be good to me".
Does God take sides? How can he if he loves us all. Bad things happen to good people but the faith that burns in the depth of our souls; will give us the strength to conquer.

"Awe, amazement, and sheer exhilaration that opens our eyes to the world of wonder and possibility restoring joy and hope.

Larry rode to the swimming pool on his bike. Three cheers!. Like the minister said on Sunday it is the small baby steps that are important. Relearning to do something is very hard.

We saw the movie Slum Dog and we almost left because it was sad and violent. We were glad we stayed because in the end it was love that conquered fear and evil.

The children were beautiful!

I talked to Matthew on the phone when he climbed up on his daddies leg. Today Ava is coming for a visit. We are so pleased to have them visit.

Our prayers are with Ron after his health failed in Mexico. We never know what the next day may bring us but as we love and support each other we all become stronger.

God, becomes alive and fills in the space that separates us. Buber teaches that religion comes from our yearning to be close to one another and to the source of all life.

Well I must go for a walk in the snow! ! !.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personaly, I am trying to not look out the window to see the snow. I am praying it will turn to rain before I have to leave. Be careful walking, it seemed to be extra slippery this morning.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am reading the book Slum Dog . Keep up the photos. Matthew did not sleep well , too hot for the little guy . We should invest in air conditioning , 41 c today 43c tomorrow!!!

Ken