Friday, January 30, 2009

WAITING


We were waiting for Sandra to drop by yesterday. Was I suppose to reply?

I had a good visit at the Nursing Home and I am wondering if anyone has a cat who would like to go with me. I am reading Kate a cute story about a library cat. She really misses her cat.

I was feeling so good yesterday that I was sure the healing prayer the group prayed over me on Wed. night had healed me. It is such a beautiful experience of being loved as people gather around and annoint you with oil and love you with their prayers. I laughed as I said to Larry just after I got my perscription now I am healed? I know that I had spiritual and emotional healing.

Larry talked to Ron on the phone; he had become ill in Mexico and is happy to be doing better and to be at home in Salt Springs.

I love walking in the snow but it can be icy so I am glad all looks clear today.

Kim and Mike have asked us over on Sunday just to let everyone know in case they were thinking of asking us. We are available Sat.

Waiting to hear how Kenny and Melina and Matthew and Jessie are doing with the hot hot weather in Melbourne. I hope they found a cool place to sleep; as even two fans were not helping.

FAITH becomes alive when we study with others, who are searching for answers, like our Wed. afternoon group; and when we experience the blessings of the love that flows from scripture and following what Jesus did. Jesus does live in us all and it is so good to have a faith in a living person.

We all have some difficulty with the language of religion and the rituals of the church but when we are open and expecting beautiful things can happen. Our prayers do make a difference!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry mom, I had dropped off my car at Canadain Tire to get the heater fixed and got a ride from Sukhi after work to go pick up and then just headed home. Mary was talking Sunday, but I will see if Saturday works for her.

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Bowron's painting looks nice in that photo. I should go and try and find that church sometime.

Where is it?

Love,

Rick