Sunday, January 4, 2009

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN! !!

THE MORNING GROUP AT GRACEPOINT THIS MORNING
SUNRISE ON A COOL SNOWY MORNING - SHOWING PROMISE FOR A BEAUTIFUL DAY

I AM SURE THE CAKE WAS DELICIOUS!
We are so happy for you to be apart of such a loving family and there will be lots of exciting things for you all in the days ahead. Send us a picture or two. That is so bad that Brittany lost her camera or was it stolen? So many difficult things can happen when you travel. Dad and I think back to driving to Calgary in many times of bad weather and then on to Saskatoon.

I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A FUN TIME GOING OUT WITH MELINA, JESSIE AND MATTHEW. I hope the boys bring your presents. Having a birthday so close to Christmas has its disadvantages.

BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE THIS MORNING BUT I COULDN'T FIND THE CAMERA. The sky changes so quick it is hard to catch and not easy to see from our house. Our driveway has a small layer of snow. I have a feeling Cathy[I do not think you met her, she has red hair] o I think I hear her now. She offered to drive dad to his treatment and go to the store for us. Dad just woke up and came to tall me she is shoveling our driveway.

Dad and I went for a short walk last night after the hockey and talking to you. I was the one who slipped and fell this time so dad could be the hero and pick me up. It is a wonder we both did not collapse with laughter.

I am doing much better on my new pills but I wish I knew what is wrong but I have to just accept it and be thankful that I am so healthy.

I hope we can get out to church today. If not I will go for a walk, I have spikes I can put on my shoes. They are a little tricky to put on.

Questions can open the way into faith if we are willing to ask and to seek. No matter what life hands us I believe that there is that unseen hand that keeps lifting us up. Religion does not give us all the answers but always more questions. Why does God allow suffering? Why do people who say they love God do awful things and damage the image of God?

I am praying very hard for Chris, he is not sleeping and is exhausted at work and does not know what his future will bring. Kim was also having difficult decisions but has now moved in with Mike in New Westminter,
Mary has wedding plans but is planning to move down East. Sandra wants me to pray she will not do this.
Carol and Panteli plan to go to China on an exchange.
Rick is studying for his Masters.

We are blessed to have such a wonderfuk family and such carrying friends. This will be a Good Year! You may finally get to sleep all night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom and Dad for the birthday wishes
Ken

Anonymous said...

I tried to take a picture of the sunrise yesterday too as it was so pretty, grabbed Caroline's camera by mistake though as they were both on the coffee table. Horrible drive home in the snow last night, but I will always be able to say I have driven in worse, so we inched our way home. Mary asked Theresa how her drive was but I did not hear the answer. But, have to get my mind off of flowers and lace and back onto numbers and taxes. Yuck!