Friday, January 23, 2009

I JUST COULD NOT GET THE PICTURE.

AN EIRIE PICTURE OF FOG AND A SAD TREE WITH WHITE FROST


Usually when I listen I like to take notes.

Listening to the man on "Ideas" on C.B.C. nothing seem to make sense except maybe the odd phrase. Utopia? History? Religion? Politics? Being tired at the end of the day does not help but nothing he was saying was inspiring me. There was no picture forming in my mind and very few words that I thought gee I would like to remember that. He talked about salvation but it totally confused me.

Reading at least gives you time to think and go back when you lose your train of thought.

Jesus told stories and from these stories you could find new ideas every time you read them.

Jesus said "Follow Me" and he laid down a pathway of words that we can still relate to today; and his words test your mind and touch your heart. Many try to teach us what he is really saying.

"If we take the gospel of Jesus seriously, then like Jesus we may end up risking it all."
-Peter J. Gomes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

I sometimes fall asleep listening to Ideas on the radio too. However, if you want to cheat timezones, you can listen on the computer an hour or two or three earlier ... you don't have to wait until 9 pm Pacific time. Here is the link: http://www.cbc.ca/listen/

Of course, you have to be close to the computer ...

Love,

Rick