Friday, January 2, 2009

IT' FRIDAY

THE POND AND OUR LITTLE GUYS START TO EMERGE FROM THE SNOW
THE LAST VESTIGE OF CHRISTMAS - STILL HAPPILY GROWING

THE AFTER PICTURE


THIS IS THE BEFORE PICTURE - IT DOESN'T DO IT JUSTICE - A REAL MESS



Actually it is hard to remember what day it is. My friend Janet phoned she is able to do some walking but Scott Road is still very slippery and it is hard to navigate; but I will go for a short walk this morning.

This afternoon there is a funeral service for Esther Doe who lived on 53 and was a good friend. We went to Colebrook together and she came to a Bible study group I had. We went shopping the odd time together. She had an older home with a beautiful view out the back and she just loved her home. Her family decided she had to move to a one level home, very beautiful but she always missed her old place. I continued to visit her there and then when she moved into a care home I visited her and her husband Jack. She was going down hill mentally; actually they both were. She had one daughter here and several grandchildren. Once I started to have health problems; the lung cancer, and she was failing to recognize me I stopped visiting although I had good intentions of going back.

She lived a very long life and I was glad I was able to be there for her when she had to make the difficult moves. She was a faithful attender at Colebrook church, sang in the choir and was secretary of council. It was sad to see her go down hill, but I realize if we live long enough it will happened to all of us.

I have started my nw one a day pill. It is good because I feel more like myself, although it does not take the pain away, it is better than nothing. I tried nothing for one day and was very miserable day and night. So we carry on even though it seems like a night mare. It is a very strange pain, and nothing seems to help, or make it worse. I shoveled the driveway and had a nice normal shoulder pain when I came in. Pain that you know will get better and does respond to Avil. Something like a headache is so different. This is like deep deep inside and makes me very tired. Anyway I feel good about things now and we will kept working on finding the cause in the future.

Thank you everyone for your good suggestions I am keeping active and most of the time I have a good attitude; although occassionally I am just fed up with it.

Dad looks up all the information but I do not want to hear because I want to believe it will work.

I took down the decorations and dad cleaned up the mess of the tree needles and did a great job.
We are still watching our lawyer d. v. d. from the library about street lawyers. Certainly no Perry Masion. I did not know lawyers were so naughty! ! ! But then it is just a story.

Hoping for some comments. Wondering if anyone is reading!

P.S. Carol said I looked like a 49er when she saw me walking!


This is Larry -- I didnt want to take the christmas tree down. Beth didnt want a real tree this year - "they make all that mess" "Dont worry about mess when we take the tree down I will clean it up." Anyway Beth just went in, grabbed the tree, lights, a few decorations, tree holder and all, and dragged it out to the front portch and left it there. She left quite a pile, and trail of needles through the house. "There" She said. "Lets see how you clean up that mess - I'm going to take before and after pictures" Now the truth is that I took off all the decorations[hey maybe I missed one] and boxed them all up and crawed under and put them away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

What is the name of your new pills?

Love,

Rick