Thursday, January 1, 2009

THE LAST PATIENT - OR WHY GRAMA DRIVES ME CRAZY


BEFORE I WENT INTO THE SHOWER GRAMA WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT NAUSIA AND DID NOT EAT HER FRENCH TOAST - EXITING THE SHOWER I LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AND SEE THIS - THE RADIO HAD SCOLDED BUSINESSES FOR NOT SHOVELING OFF THEIR FRONT WALKS. THE SNOW TO THE LEFT OF THE PICTURE IS OVER 4 FT AND GOES RIGHT AROUND THE BLOCK - NO ONE USES THE SIDEWALK - PERIOD. SHOVELING IT IN FRONT OF OUR HOUSE IS A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.



We set out to the doctors knowing that probably there would still be no answers. We were looking forward to a New Year's Eve late lunch with Sandra, Randy and Carol and Theresa and Ben and Morgan. I had said I did not want to go, but knowing how annoyed I get at dad not wanting to go to the doctor, I went.

I was determined to face the day with only a few advils, which made me realize the pain was real.
All the tests showed was a broken rib (that the doctor had missed in the exray report a few months ago) and all the body structure is fine (meaning no cancer in the bones). We do not know the scource or the reason of my pain. As it turned out we were "THE LAST PATIENT" 2008 for the entire clinic.

Wait a minute I thought this is going to go on forever! I am healthy, I can walk and I can do all things and I can enjoy life. It may be osteoporous or some crack that will not show until it heal

I cannot take this miserable pills I said so I now have a new pill I take once a day that is time released. I have always had trouble taking a pill when I had no pain, but this one I take first thing in the morning. So, I will give it a try. I think all of us are feeling discouraged, but if this does not cause side effects the doctor says I can take it the rest of my life. Of course I can take advil etc as well, at any time, and basically as much as I want.

People are giving me suggestions and I will try some. I may suggest a new treatment for the osteoporous, that is being used that may actually make the bones stronger.

Anyway enough of this it is time to take down the Christmas tree and put up our calenders. I think I have them hidden under the bed.

Dad enjoyed a great game of hicky yesterday no that should be hockey!

We had a great time having lunch at Moxies; dad had his fish and chips and I had spicy green beans and salad. Morgan was a little cranky having been woken up but she gave us big hugs, Ben too, as dad and I were the first to leave.

I am very hopeful about this New Year looking forward to enjoying our family events and visits.

Anyway, time for Breakfast dad has made french toast and coffee.

My New Years thought is to be filled with the spirit and be ready for God to use me in any way He chooses. I am attending a funeral of a friend that lived on 53rd Ave. and I remember the way I helped her through the changes in her life. She eventually ended up in a Nursing Home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cracked Rib?? Is it not the cause of your pain ?

Ken