Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WITHOUT FAITH

Without FAITH it would be like my soul was lost sping in outer space.

I would feel so terribly disconnected to people; and there would be no healing for the ocean of sadness that overwhelms me at times. There would be no forgiveness and grace. There would be no reason to rejoice and be happy. There would be no security and definitely no peace. There would be no beauty, no miracles, no prayers to be prayed, no words from scripture to feed my spirit.

The philosopher William James wrote" there is a pit of insecurity beneath the surface of life." I think there is a drive that keeps pushing us to get more or do more.

I believe there is spiritual power greater than any worldly power that is reaching out to us.

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs
I Am He who will sustain you
I have made you and I will carry you'"

Isaiah 43:1 Fear not, for I have redeemed you.

No comments: