Tuesday, November 30, 2010

BAKER

The days when I liked baking are long gone.  I guess that is why the cake ended up in the garbage.
Like my grand daughter said "we should do things we like doing whatever that may be."  Dad is happiest with his store bought cookies so I am thankful for that.

The morning had started with a terrible fit if coughing that lasted for about 30 minutes.  You panic because you feel like you cannot breath.  Then I get the flour, eggs etc out to do my baking when I get a distressed call form our friend who had returned unhappily from the Seniors home.  I quickly throw together a cake that I see a beautiful picture of; mainly because I could not find my old stand by cookie recipe. 

We rush off to hear her story and make tea and leave feeling she is feeling better.  But I have gotten over-hungry and miserable so I quickly start cooking and I burn the carrots.  I lie down on the bed to read and rest and although I am really tired I cannot fall asleep. actually my heart is racing and I go down and throw my cake out; after giving dad a taste and he suggested just buying cookies.

I am worried about forgetting things and about losing things.

So I will have my toast and coffee and say a prayer and try making the cookies.  I will buy some gluten-free cookies as I am not going to battle with them.  Yes, there is another man who has celiac who will be at the meeting to-night.  I will take some grapes and Christmas oranges and maybe cheese and crackers.
But I will give it another try this afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always like the Peak Freans, they make nice cookies, the new healthy round ones, cant think of their name, they are nice and light.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Just one of those days I think Mom.

Don't give up!

Love,

Rick

Pinetreeannie said...

I give you an A for effort Beth! Tomorrow will be a better day. I can't find any gluten free bread, crackers or cookies that taste like anything more than cardboard, so I just don't eat any. I treat myself with a bit of chocolate or some tapioca pudding.
Today I "cheated" and had one half slice of my husbands toast with strawberry jam. Now the tummy is rumbling...and I am itchy........oh the joys of celiac! Take life easier Beth and remember you a wonderful person...a much loved child of God. Love to you, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I always loved your peanut butter cookies
mom.
Ken