Monday, November 15, 2010

STORMY WEATHER

Monday morning, first came the heavy rain and then came the wild blasts of wind.  Dad set out for the hockey rink to have another try at skating.  I wrapped up two small parcels for Australia and when it stopped raining and calmed down a bit I took them to the Post Office.  Next I took some warm clothing to the Fire Station drop just as the fire truck came roaring out.  I was glad to have these two things accomplished.

Tuesday.
Bad night had a very itchy face and head.  I think it is a new cleanser I am trying.  I will give it to Sandra as it is wonderful but it has wheat proetin in it.

Marriage has it's stormy weather!  For two young things moving from home and family and friends to a strange place with little money and worries right away life was not easy. I know I was very lonely and dad had the worry of his job and a family on the way.  We had a traditional "gender role" marriage relationship with lots of stress and anxiety.  I think that a relationship built on trust can survive the unexpected stormy times.

Marriage is unpredictable and there will be times of emotional fulfillment and times of emptiness,  Life in general takes courage, willingness, forgiveness, loyalty and acceptance.  We learn more about ourselves and more about each other but it ain't easy.  Making yourself vulnerable to another person opens you up to experiencing the pain of disappointment and frustration but we discover emotional fulfillment by caring and sharing.
This is my second go at writing this because I guess I forgot to save it or publish or something.  I am sure I wrote it much better the first time, O well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, were did you go? Off to get your coffee before you finish your writing? Let me know if you want to come along with dad and we can have lunch, or go for a walk.
Sandra

beth bennett said...

Hey it did not get published. I have a friend coming over and I feel lousy.

Dad went yesterday. The picture is from yesterday.

love mom