Saturday, November 20, 2010

DREAMER

This tree was capture last week on a beautiful fall day as I walked down to Scottsdale.  Today the road and sidewalk is covered in the pure beauty of white snow.  Dad will be so happy to take the car out to go to the library.  At last he waited all last year for a good snowfall to test his car and now we will be the ones sailing by those crawling up slippery roads.  His dream come true! 

I will go for a walk as usual but being careful as I travel.  I am reminded that as we journey through life it is good to walk with care and with wisdom.  I need to be aware of places where it is unsafe and yet take time to enjoy the beauty all around me.

We watch a show about Calliope  and again the ugliness of war and violence is portrayed; but woven into the story is the bond of friendship between the four Australian boys.  One sacrifices his own life for the life of another.  Love is a strong emotion that includes empathy, devotion, compassion, equality, forgiveness, patient grace, stirring up the best in our human souls.  So much of life demands more than we can dream, it is like when you leave home, or get married, or have children means risking your own happiness for that of others.

Immortality of the human soul is one of my dreams that I will be able to see my loved ones again.  My deam is that they are in a better place of safety and beauty and joy. 

"Water cannot wet it, wind cannot dry it, fire cannot burn it, weapons cannot shatter it.  The human soul beyond space and time and does not die."
A chant by the Vedic priests.

Jesus promised to be a door opener for each one of us, to a better life here and a better life beyond this world.  Faced with closed doors in our lives we know that what we need is a key!  Jesus!

But for this morning faced with the snow I need a shovel!

No comments: