Wednesday, November 3, 2010

IMPORTANT

I sat in the sunlight of our front porch and was pleased that I had accomplished what I had thought was important for me to do that day.  We had done a big shopping at the Safeway which meant driving over instead of the walk in the pathway.  Groceries were all put away and a big pot of stew was cooking. 

It is good to have dad help me with these things now.

My energy is returning but I am aware that I need to co-operate with my personality which is to be open to helping others but that I am worthy and precious and loved on days when I rest in the shadows of life.  Life is full of both the shadows and the light, disappointment and fulfillment, failure and success.  There is a time to say yes and a time to say no.  I need to look within myself  and value what life has taught me so far and some of the lessons have been hard for me to learn. 

I have to learn to be more patient with myself and with others.  If I can listen to what my heart and soul are teaching me then I can listen to others with a heart of compassion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice vibe to your writing this morning mom. I approve! Good to hear you are not rushing out and doing too much right away, did you ever start on your mystery book?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes I got about half-way. Once you start you get interested.
love mom