Saturday, November 6, 2010

A COLD DAY

A cold day to walk down to Zeller's for long underwear for me and the old fellow at the Nursing Home.

Our plans changed because the movie were not on in our theatre here and Randy was cooking supper and we were asked over.  There was even gluten-free chocolate cake with ice cream!

Dad watched the Lions play football and i had a big nap which I have been needing.

Plans are being made for next week-end of going to Chilliwack for the soccer and then to Harrison Hot Spring
It will be Panteli's birthday and Carol is planning a fun day for him and for us all.  I have not had a bathing suit on in years so I do not know about the swimming.  Dad will like the hot tub and i can walk arounfd the lake.
The stores are all decorated for Christmas already and I have decided to give family Christmas ornaments.  I want to keep it simple and inexpensive.  Dad and i do not want presents because we really have everything.!

Our goal is to try to keep healthy which also includes being happy  Dad took his first bike ride yesterday and I try to walk every day as always.  I am limiting myself to one activity a day whether it is visiting or Bible study or major work in the yard, or doing something with the family.

I am responsible for my own health and Iget over-tired so easily; I have always wished I could be more active, but have always needed my sleep.  I try not to get over-tired or over hungry both make me cranky.

Life can be exciting even at a slower pace.  Life seems to demand us to be conforming and to do what others expect of me, but those days are over now.  Dogs wag their tails and are so happy just to see us and that is a good lesson for me.  Also dogs love to play and I am happy for moments when I feel playful and when I enjoy the beauty I see on my simple walk.  I treasure every walk with Morgan as she still holds my hand but soon that time will be gone.  They all grow up so fast.  They move away and become busy with their own lives and that is the way it should be; but at times I miss them still.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice and warm over here . Jasmine needs summer clothes now.
Ken