Monday, November 15, 2010

TWILIGHT

It many ways I find that I am in those twilight years of life when there is a concern for the state of the world yet a knowledge that while one can rant and rave the only thing I can do is find peace and healing for my own soul.  Twilight is those brief moments between daylight and darkness and now for me it is a time to enjoy a quieter life-style.

I had spend the weekend doing what I love curled up in a chair reading and browsing through books.  First at the Second Hand Store then over to Chapters where people where bustling about picking up books to take advantage of the sale.  Even there I was able to find a quiet corner.

Reading produces in me a sense of pure joy as I discover life through the eyes of another.  Time has no meaning as I get lost in another world.

Dad and I travelled to Tsswassen Sunday evening when I took this picture and twilight had passed and darkness had it's way.  We missed going out to see Ban and Morgan play their games but it did not work out this time.  Twilight, for me, is that time of day when you've done all you can and it is time to enjoy the simple pleasure of a T.V. show, a warm bath and a snuggle in bed.  It is not the time to start the mind questioning and searching but to put it to bed too!  Amazing grace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture mom. I am sorry I missed yours and Carols calls. My battery had died on my cell. Did you guys not call my home number?
Sandra

beth bennett said...

O dear I thought Carol had phoned your home number so i phoned your cell.

We had a nice supper and it would have been good to have you guys there too.

Dad watched football after church and I walked down to Chapters to look for children's books for Matthew and Jasmine.

love mom

Pinetreeannie said...

Yes, I too love to read and wish I had more time to do that! I read after bed time and get so wrapped up in the story that I forget about time and read too late. Morning comes too soon then. Just started Ken Follett's World Without End.
Also re-reading John Spong's Why Christianity Must Change or Die. I like his ideas, overall, but do not agree with everything he says. What are you reading Beth?

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree with you about Spong although I found his new book about heaven a gentler book.
I am reading Hope Will Find You by Naomi Levy" a rabbie who quits her work to take care of a daughter with difficult health problems.

For pleasure I am reading The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley. A story of a young girl who has a great immagination and helps find our the truth hidden in people's lives.
Next I want to read God's Brain by Lionel Tiger and Michael McGuire. They encourage us to look within ourselves rather than outward in our search for God.