Wednesday, November 24, 2010

REFLECTION

The sun has returned and both dad and I went for walks.  I expected that there would be snow this morning but it is on the way.  I am happy the birds have finally discovered the bird seed we are putting out, the main reason we went to the Super Store.

I am starting to reflect on the meaning of this season of the year for me at my time in life.  I am looking forward to our family gathering early in Dec.  In the past there has been a fair amount of stress but I always hope that love is reflected in all I try to do.  The plan was for it to be at our house and then it canged with Theres saying she would have it and now it is back here.
The Christmas story reminds me of how I need to be open to change and open to the Spirit that visits unexpectedly. 

I went to visit Shirley and it is amazing how one story leads to another.  She is facing a major change moving into care but she is lonely and although she is doing much better finds she is too confined and not able to get out more.  I am continually learning new things about her.  I come home and dad tells how a strange man sat with him at Zeller's where he went for coffee and began telling him all about his life.  In the end he realized this man mistook him for someone else.

Today dad gets the results of his knee M.R.I. and thankful his knees seem better most of the time.

I am reflecting on the story of the birth of Jesus and I think that the changes to the life of Joseph and Mary where overwhelming.  Was she happy and excited to tell Joseph she was pregnant only to be met with anger and rejection.  Jesus came into a world of darkness and this world is still full of tragedy and darkness.  His light comes to hearts, one by one, who welcome it and are willing to do what they can to change their world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are Shirly's plans going for a sleep over at that other place? Did you get my message about Theresa not being ready for company? Michael John's mom is out of the hospital, but they dont know what is wrong yet. Randy got called in to see Dr Nolte, something about his blood work results.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I think we should talk.

Shirley does not have her visit until Dec.

Love mom