Tuesday, May 3, 2011

EXPECTATIONS

I put the pictures on yesterday after a coffee morning with Jane and Geof.
This little door opens to Morgan's secret little cupboard that is underneath our stairs.

I have fun hidding little things in there for her.

She expects to be surprised.  She asked me if I went in there when I was a little girl.


One has to be very small to enter.
We all have our expectations of ourselves and others.


The followers of Jesus expected him to become a great and powerful leader and all their hopes and dreams vanished when he was arrested and crucified.  They felt they were the ones who had been betrayed.  The gospels all tell the fact that the tomb was empty when they went the next day.
All the stories that are created around this experience of an empty tomb will prove the empowering energy that allowed the presence of Jesus to appear to them in a room with a locked door.

Jesus has now conquered time and space and has opened up the possibility for the door to a new reality to be opened unto us.


I can at time close the door of my emotions and my expectations become limited.


"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe,"  Jesus said to his disciples

.Faith lives on in our acts of love.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back at work, looking for your latest installment mom.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

It is well seen that Jesus lives on in the many acts of kindness done by both you and Larry.
" He lives he lives Christ Jesus lives today. You ask
me how l know he lives - he lives within my
heart"

We really enjoyed your visit yesterday ,The humane wildlife control came to try to remove our unwelcome racoon guests however they were not successful so they will be back again today .l feel a bit mean removing the family but they picked the wrong place to sett up home. Love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

Love the child in you Beth....creating the "hidden surprises" for Morgan, one gets the impression you enjoy iy as much as Morgan.

beth bennett said...

Yes I do Nancy-Lou and I wish we could see her more often.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you had a secret door. looks like fun. You and Morgan should make a memory box. Remember ours? kimberly