Monday, May 30, 2011

SADNESS

There was a feeling of sadness as each one of us at church was dealing with the sadness of the death of a dear friend, who we all loved and appreciated.

I am tired after a busy week-end and slept in so have no time to write as my friend will be waiting to walk with me.  I am thankful for my faith at this time.  We all are so fragile and can at times feel vulnerable and yet deep inside of myself I believe that our frailty makes us even precious.  The God, who is both female and male, is breathing new life into us every moment of every day.  When  heard the news I felt too sad to pray and yet a part of me rejoiced in the end of suffering, 

It is a comfort to know that the love we experience here now is holding our friend in arms of love and freedom from all pain.

Suffering is a part of being human and I am continually having to learn to do what I can with the energy that frustrates me because I wish that I had so much more.  I think that my spiritual growth has become a big part of me because I am limited and have to pace my involvement in activities.  I hope that I  have more compassion and this alone gives meaning to something that can seem meaningless. 

This was a busy week-end with our study group Friday, my seminar on Saturday, followed by a birthday party.  My body re-acted  and now it will take time for renewed energy to return.  I know that  I am not alone and that others also cope with their limitations and that we all can feel the spirit with greater depth in our awareness of Silence.

Today we are visiting Chloe the little one who has been so sick and now is doing well.


Dad and I just sat and enjoyed watching people going by and out enjoying a sunny day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good too see some sun shine out your way, but it sounds like you have not had good things happen to go along with it. good to hear the baby is doing well, hope to see some pictures later. how is the new computer? sandra

beth bennett said...

I'm getting use to it but just have to be extra careful.

Sounds like your trip is going well.

The garden is starting to bloom so that is good.

Dad put pictures on face book so \i will go look.

love mom