Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Trying Again

Yesterday morning I felt so crappy and there was no reason that  could think of.  I was just not thinking very well anyway.  Felt better after a rest but it was disappointing not to be able to join Jane for lunch.  Dad and Geof set off to Boundary Bay Airport and enjoyed a good time together.  We enjoyed watching the hockey game with Panteli.  It was exciting but it was very hard for me to stay awake.   

Today I think I will cancel lunch with the Jetlag Bible group as we are driving to Chilliwack to visit Ben and Morgan and watch Ben's lacrosse  game.      I have my new computer set up at the desk and dad put on the mouse so I like that better.  

I believe we all want to be happy which means different things to each one of us.  I have to believe that one day I will be able to use this computer with some degree of confidence and that the happiness of writing in the morning will return.                                                                                                                                                       
       Faith is hard to describe if one thinks of it as a blind belief that means you stop thinking and searching.  I am  sure there are reasons why I have chosen to put faith in a God of mystery and have found comfort and strength in doing so.  I do not have a scientific mind although I did well in Physics and Languages is school.  I believe that my faith encourages me to have an enquiring mind and an open heart. 

The interpretation of scripture is changing over the years since  I first believed and like learning anything that requires thought and study it can be a challenge.  I do not understand nor do  put energy into understanding the Old Testament god.  I have enough to do with trying to figure out the words of Jesus and the deeper meanings that he was trying to reveal.  But  believe that he is trustworthy and woven into the testimony and experience of those who wrote these words there are glimpses of truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see why you would have a hard time if you did not have a mouse. I thought dad had bought you a regular computer, not a lap top? I could not stay awake to watch the game either, very stress past few days and I fell asleep while Randy watched it.
Hope the rain holds off for the lacross game. See you in a couple of weeks. Sandra

beth bennett said...

I hope you are able to enjoy your holiday. Your pets will be in good hands with Panteli.

I had to verify my e-mail to make my blog work.

I am feeling so much better today. Hope you had a good sleep. Let us know how Randy's folks are doing.

Ron had his operation. A 2 hour turned into 4. They found a big hole in his stomack. He is on fluids for MONTH. Donna's car broke down when she went to pick him up so coming home on the ferry was a disASTER. Hopefully this will really make him feel better.

Love you both and had a good time. love mom