Tuesday, May 3, 2011

CONSERVATIVE

It would appear that us Canadians are still very conservative and in many ways we value our past traditions but still want to see some change.  Our politicians have promised change and we are all skeptical.  If we are truly honest with ourselves we realize how hard it is to change. 

Coming to a place of honesty about ourselves is not always easy.  I have to take time and let the Spirit of truth penetrate the barriers that are in my mind.  I wake up from a bad dream and I realize that fear is a very real part of my unconscious.

I am aware of the things that others do or say that upset me and I need to ask myself why.  We all think differently and there is no way I should want to force my opinions on some one else.  There has to be a higher purpose in life than being right.  Learning to share the good and positive energy that is available to all is the way of the spiritual transformation. 

Dr. Phil always asks "How is that working for you?' which is a good questions when we find ourselves doing the same things over and over again and responding inwardly negatively.

I wonder if our disillusionment with politicians reflect some of our own feelings of being disillusioned?

I like what Michael John quoted:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy.

Returning hate for hate multiplys hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
Martin Luther King Jr.

I do not like the way it was done but it would appear he was full of hate. 

No comments: