Monday, May 30, 2011

TIME

Everytime we go to the Sylvia Holtel in Vancouver on English Bay we enjoy a very relaxing time.  It is good to get away from the phone, housework, computers and even the garden; and especially that list of things that I keep putting off doing.    Sunday was a perfect day to spend time there.  There is an old-fashioned charm about the place. 

Spending time gazing out at the water as we sat on the bench at the beach was very healing and brings a quiet peace to the soul.

Time seems to stand still and as I treasure the memories of the past I embrace each day now with more and more appreciation of my loved ones and my friends.

Dad and I enjoyed our visit with Shara and her girls.  It was pure joy to feed and hold the wee baby.  I am so glad that she has regained her health.  Yes, taking care of children takes all your energy and yet the time can go by so quickly. 

Whatever I am doing I remind myself to find joy in just being and living in the moment.  Sitting in our kitchen sitting area I watch the birds flying back and forth to the nest they have made in our birdhouse.  Other blue birds come to spash and drink in the water of the pond.  I am looking forward to warmer days when we will be able to sit outside and listen to the bubbling of our little water fall.

The neighbor's cat comes and drinks in the pool in our front yard.  I had to hurry to try and capture him on film.  I will enjoy my walk today and cutting the grass later.  I am thankful for those who are praying for me and that I can pray for others.

Justice, our great-grandchild will be 7 on the 31, looking forward to seeing him one day soon.  He is having a party with friends.

Sunshine and laughter are good for the soul!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that cat is a spiting image of Scamp, my diabetic cat that I had for 12 years...enjoying pet-sitting at Sandra's as it's been over a year since we've had a pet in the house!

Shandel said...

Beth your yard area is soo beautiful!!! i would love to have a back yard like that some day when we have a house. Seeing all your pretty photos of things in and around the area that you live makes me really want to move and live there too!!
You are so right when you say laughter and love are good for the soul. it is what makes life beautiful. we must never stop laughing or loving. :)