Thursday, May 26, 2011

TRUTH

It was a very wet and windy drive home from Chilliwack after a delightful afternoon with Ben and Morgan and Theresa.  There was a big bag of gluten-free goodies waiting for me that Theresa had purchased in the States.  It is so good to have something new to taste.  The children are always so happy to see us and full of energy and fun.  It is hard to pay attention to each one when you are trying to listen and play cards etc.  After our early delicious supper we went to watch Ben play lacrosse.  He is gaining more and more skill at this game which I think takes a great deal of skill.

The time went so fast and on the way home I was thinking of things I had forgotten to mention.  I tried to download some pictures but it did not seem to work, so I will have to wait for dad to give me some helpful advice.

I use to read the Bible more literally than I do now but it is all about trying to discover the truth that can be both frightening and demanding.  Believing that Jesus is truth and believing that he gave his life for the truth opens the way to God's heart of love for us all.  Truth that goes beyond reason and takes us deeper into unanswerable questions and keeps us searching.  As I look at the life of Jesus I hope that my life is being changed by what I am discovering. 

"You hypocrite,"  Jesus said.  "First take the plank out of your own eye, then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."  A humorous exaggeration!

Truth becomes seeing myself with some very enormous faults before I start trying to point out to others their much smaller faults.  Like the woman who reaches out in faith just to touch the hem of the robe of Jesus I want to do the same.  At times truth seems clear but at other times it can vanishtruthfully I do not feel like a walk on this day that feels cold and damp..  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there mote be a lot of truth to that!

Panteli

Shandel said...

Its so lovely to be near family. I want our children to have that as they grow up and into their adult hood. i have a favorite quote that i am not sure if i have shared with you before. but its a great one....

"three things can not long be hidden, the sun, the moon, and the TRUTH"-Buddha
<3

beth bennett said...

Thanks so true