Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOTHERING



I find that as I look back at my life with mom that I appreciate more and more the loving things she did and also I see the things in her life that where not easy for her.  Sharing the burden, which she did with great love caring for her mother in the later years of her own mother's failing health.  She saw it not as a burden but as a blessing as she and her sister would take turns having mom live with them.  Dad was the one who worried about it being too much for her. 

I also appreciate more and more each one of my children.  They are a true blessing and as I pray for them I am blessed knowing that I gave them life!  Today we will be going over to our daughter Sandra's house and I am looking forward to being with her and Randy.  I think we are a small group but it will be good to share this day with Panteli also.

I have been happy to have received a beautiful card from Rick and this basket from Melina and Ken.  Lots of amazing things to delight a gardeners heart.  My thoughts will be with Carol and we are so happy she is enjoying a great adventure in the Grand Caymans.

I enjoy doing this journally first thing in the morning before I become distracted by other concerns.

It is also the best time to pray.  When I meditate on the love of God as both  father and a mother I feel the love going deeper into me.  I am thankful that God had a son who includes us all into the family.  No words can be enough to express our love and thankfulness .

This morning I took out an favorite book and read this:

In meditation I also tune into a symphony that resonates through the whole universe and has God as it's author.  Part of my job is to attune myself with that symphony that vibrates all around me."
 
This is from "A Life of Meaning" and was written by a priest who lived and worked in Hollywood.  He founded a Humanitas Prize for screenwriting that probes the meaning of life.


A new plant for my gardenfor me to take pictures of.  I also take pictures of gardens on my walk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

l love the quote re the symphony of sound reverberating around the universe, Missed you this morning in church .Daniel gave another interesting sermon, this time about the inter - connectedness of all of us in the human family. It sounds as if you are having a day of being appreciated good stuff! Blessings , Jane

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day Mom .
Ken

Anonymous said...

Oh - loved that quote!

He (she?) is talking about the shape of God.

Love,

Rick