Monday, May 2, 2011

JUSTICE


I wish we lived in a world of fairness and justice but we don't.  Osama bin Laden has been killed because he was involved in a war of terror against the Americans.  We wive in difficult times and there will likely be repercussions.  If he was an evil man who plotted revenge that killed the lives of innocent people he then became a hunted man who was the one that was blamed.  The president Obama had to choose his words very carefully when he gave the news report.

Many people are facing the destruction of their homes and lives as the violence of nature strikes again.  I am amazed at the courage and determination of people who have to start building their lives all over again.

I am happy for Mary and Michael John starting a new life in Edmonton where Mary will be near family.  It would be a wonderful time for Sandra to have a visit with them all.  Happy times seem to go by so fast and then live settles down into a routine. 

I wished I had the energy to take part more in things at the church; and although I am doing much better, I find myself exhausted some days.  I am reading about an ancient form of Jewish religion, started in secrecy and passed on by word of mouth and only more recently put into written words.  It is a journey of self-discovery that is lived out by your actions.  A journey to shake off fear and greed and to fill our hearts with love and peace.  This calls for a willingness to change our way of thinking and especially the way we re-act to others. 

There are spiritual tools to help us and enable us to feel a sense of joy even in the midst of unrest.
We all have gifts to share and life is all about relating to others and helping one another. 

We may look at things from a different perspective but we all want the same things.  A way of life free of pain and suffering and chaos but all we can do is start where we are and do what we can and be open to learning and understanding.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the world was fair the nicest weather would not happen when I was away in Edmonton! Oh well, had a good but of course exhausting vistit trying to help Mary get her place all set up before she starts work today and Michael John and her brother arive tonight. I did not take any pictures as we were always in such a rush, but I will ask Mary to take some this weekend.
Love Sandra Oh, and is dad feeling better?

Anonymous said...

I generally don't consider myself a vengeful person, but once in a while the proverb "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" makes a whole lot of sense. Ironically, this is what Jesus warned his disciple when Peter was trying to stop Jesus' arrest, so it was meant as an admonition, not a prophecy.

Panteli

beth bennett said...

Good comments.

Dad is better but needs to keep drinking more water and the cranberry juice. I wonder if lifting heavy bags for the garden brought it on but I don't know.

I agree with you Panteli.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

Now reports are that Bin Laden used his wife as a sheild , what a terricfic guy . Of course now we are going to have more security and of course more bombings.
Ken