Sunday, October 2, 2011

AUTUMN BREEZE

Yesterday went for half my walk in the morning and the last half in the afternoon.  The weather was fine but energy just not there.

I am definitely not the gluten-free goddess but I thought I might get some inspiration from her blog and from her recipes.  Too complicated for me and when I went out shopping couldn't find the right ingredients.  Ended up with gluten-free chicken rice soup to which I added a few peas.

Theresa has given me a recipe for autumn casserole which is doable but it is back to the store.  Just the Safeway not the health food store.

Dad is looking at old pictures that Panteli put on the computer for him.  I can barely remember being so young and all the goals I had starting out in life.  Back then there was a self-contained happiness that seems to evaporate when life becomes more stressful and complicated.  How fortunate I was to have my mom cook all my meals and have them ready for me when I came in the door.

I am tired out with all my thinking so I lie down for a nap.  Soon I am up again and head downstairs to read only to fall asleep again.  As I struggle to wake up I gaze around the room and notice a lamp that needs to be moved closer, a curtain that needs adjustment, a picture that is crooked and I cannot settle down until I move, turn and adjust everything.  I decide I am not happy with the book I am reading so go look for another one.

I look forward to going to church today.  It is good to be with happy friendly people.

"The Logos, the Word. . . . that informs the cosmos-all things great and small-is still spoken in the sparrow song, wind sigh, and leave fall. . .The ocean still whispers the song that originated with the big bang.

Listen to the longing in your heart for love and justice, and you may hear the sacred word."
Sam Keen.

Autumn is a time of mixed emotions when part of me is ready to rest from gardening and yard work and just close the door on it all and find a warm spot to read and relax.  I miss the sunny mornings and evenings that do so much to brighten up the day but enjoy the autumn breeze that is setting the leaves free to fall to the ground.

This morning I will enjoy walking and seeing them fall around me!





1 comment:

Shandel said...

beautiful photos! i love fall very much. :D