Tuesday, October 25, 2011

FAMILY NEWS

A little update on dad.

Sunday he was picked up by Jane and Geof to go to the Unitarian church in Vancouver.  Our friend from Colebrook, Russ, was given a U.N. plague of appreciation to a group of school children.  Imagine a church full of children!  It was a beautiful day for the drive and a very happy event.

Dad has NOW decided to acomputer programmer and worked on it for hours yesterday.  That is determination.  Only stopped to walk to the store with me and to make us lunch.  He is wanting to learn how to cook so that is fine with me too.

Our good friend Pearle, who we used to go visiting with as lay-chaplains in White Rock has fallen and broken bones in her leg and foot.  She is in her 90's and still full of life living on her own with her son coming to visit on week-ends.  She has been excited about her birthday on Nov. 1. and planning a party.
Now she is in hospital and is extremely determined to come home today.  We do not see how she can manage at home even with help; but her stubbornness has kept her going so far. 

Pain makes us all vulnerable and limits what we can do. 
Love keeps her in our prayers and loving people will be there to give her support. 

Dad and I are going for a walk, on this beautiful day, in the forest.

God grant courage and peace to those who suffer
Wisdom for the doctors to make the right decision
Strength and compassion for those who are helping
Faithfulness in our prayers.

Even as our bodies age may we continue to feel the strength and beauty and power
that flows into us all from the goodness and mercy of God's heart.

Thank you Lord for what has been
Thank you Lord for what shall be.
You are with me and all my loved ones, my family and friends
You are with me as I am with You!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what does that mean, dad has decided to comperter program what?
Are you ready for Halloween, or did you not get many kids last year?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I am replying on dads.

We got a fair amount of children from our neighborhood and they came early which was good.

I have bought candy yes.
Love mom

larry bennett said...

I have decided to approach computers from a different angle -
Programing - ie how and what makes them work. I am trying to teach myself "Visual Basic". It is a programing language. There are many such languages, but evidently this is a very good beginers one.

All my troubles with my new phone had a hand in this decission.

Anonymous said...

But computer programing is harder than learning to use a smart-phone (you should have got a Blackberry as I know a bit about those and they are a little easier to use, I think).

Oh well, another hobby. One is as good as another.

Love,

Rick