Monday, October 17, 2011

SURPRISED

I am always surprised by the awesome beauty of nature and would love to capture more and more of what I see every day.

Sunday I always look forward to going to church as I join with believers and nonbelievers in the pews Sunday morning.  I was finding I needed a day just to catch my breath and fight off feelings that I was catching a cold.  When I get overtired I get cranky and miserable because I find it hard just to relax.

We drove down to Choices to get a few goodies and just enjoy getting out.  Coming home we saw some beautiful trees all dressed in fall colors.

I am busy making supper when I was surprised by friends from church ringing the door bell.  They had been to Steveson's farmers market and picked up some glutem-free bread and goodies for me.  What an surprise and that awesome feeling of God's love shining through the eyes and compassion of others seem to bless me with feelings of joy beyond words.

I was very blessed to have a good husband to drive to White Rock with, who attends church with me and offers to go for a walk in the forest too. 

I would have loved to join the group gathering in  solidarity for the poor and protesting corporate greed and government inaction.  Over the years dad and I have supported walks for peace and justice in the past.  I hope the message finally gets through.
 
The message in the Sun states: "Shaw a veteran of many antiglobization demonstrations, was surprised at how quickly the Occupy Wall Street movement grew".
 
The Bible talks about "an appointed time" in which the people of God are called to help bring about change.  A radical transformation that is both political and spiritual.  A change that begins in our hearts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and dad should totaly go, it would make great new coverage you 2 getting dragged off to jail.
Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Interesting blog again Beth...corporate greed hits close to our home, although no family members worked for the local mill. It was owned by a large Quebec company and when it went bankrupt the workers pension fund took a huge hit..about 35% while the "mother" company is still going strong.

Anonymous said...

Good to know there are still some nice people out there who think of others . Give the protesting a miss mom , if a cop pushes you and breaks your back or something it would not be nice .Leave to the young ones ( like Sandra )

Ken