Tuesday, October 11, 2011

LIMITATIONS

I was unhappy being me most of the day yesterday.  My stomach was unhappy too.
Missing blue sky and sunshine. 
Got caught in a downpour of rain but fortunately I could run under a tree and watch the rain bouncing up off the pavement and not get completely soaked.

 It takes time to get use to the darker mornings and early darkness in the evening.

I am very aware of my limitations as I try to take the stitches out of the area the doctor had cut out on the side of dad's face.  I, personally think they were in far too long.  There is one still left that will need
probing to get it loose.

Dad and I talked about going to the movie "Help" which is also the book I am reading.  As I am reading I am wondering how they will portray the thoughts of the different characters.  When it was time to go neither one of us felt like going.

I see all the changes in the political and material world knowing that nothing is going to be quite the same again.  Too many people have been living lives of desperation and poverty. Serious thoughts and questions can take us into darkness of limitations.

I am aware that I put limitations on myself when I feel unworthy and weak and then the saddest part is that I am limiting how God can work through me and within me.  It is important for me to recognize my own value which is God given not earned.

If I allow myself to be limited by my emotions and my inabilities and limit the growth of soul's power of love and energy that renews the intellect.  Mind and heart beating as one bring light into all that we are and all that we are meant to be.

I need to be silent, aware of the possibilities, aware of the need "to be still and let God be God"

The sun was shining as  started on my walk this morning.  My neighbor saw me going by and invited me in for coffee.  The gentle rain has now started and that does not bother me.

3 comments:

larry bennett said...

Your remark of being silent and listem to god reminded me of a little sign in the small chapple in the Tower of London. where the prisoners about to be executed were allowed to pray.

it said somthing like - Be silent and listen to the wings of history.

Anyway if you are slowing down a bit that is ok - we are doing it together.

Shandel said...

I loved that book, and i too want to see the movie. i am curious how they will portray the characters too.
i was thinking about limitations....its important for us to find contentment in our lives, weather we are facing challenges or moving forward smoothly. We need to try and be happy no matter where we are in life. we have to work through and with our limitations :D
have a good day, hope the sunshine breaks through soon

Anonymous said...

If you didn't slow down and start to leave things undone that you use to be able to do then younger people would never get the chance to learn and step in to take over what you must naturaly give up. Besides, I am pretty sure Morgan thinks you are just perfect the way you are.
Sandra