Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WONDERS

If we had not gone down a different path dad and I would have not found this wonderful little group of mushrooms growing in the tree.  All it needs is a little elf sitting on one of them.  It had been cold in the morning for my walk, wearing long underwear now, but the afternoon walk was sunny and warm.  One of the wonderful things about living here is that we are so close to the Water-shed park with all it's huge threes.

The sun brighten up our pathway and we were amazed how it manages to shine through all the dense forest.

My morning was spent taking more time to pray and this brings a peace knowing that my prayers have been heard and that the spiritual connection is made between the practical and the mystical. 

The wonder of oneness with the spirit and with each other.

I am off to Bible Study this afternoon where we are still progressing slowly in the book of Genesis.  It is good to read and discuss and try to apply it to our own lives.  Today we are looking at how we treat each one of our children and that makes me stop and think.

I promised to drop in and see Louise today while her daughter is out.  She is feeling less and less like visitors. 

Dad has expressed an interest in attending a group from our other church.  He is attracted to the title of the book "Everybody's Normal Till You Get To Know Them."  I wonder at the wisdom of being with good people who may have different views of the truths to be found in scripture.  Also this means a very busy day for me and I feel a little anxious about becoming over-tired. 

I do not like going out at night and prefer just to snuggle up and keep warm and read a book or watch T.V.  I know that just as our relationship to God is important so is our relationships with others.  Meaningful relationships are so important and in a world where many feel lonely and isolated it is so good to have friends and family.

Wonderful pictures of Jazzy and Mathew from Ken in Melbourne.  I still find it hard to believe he can take a picture on his phone and send it to us.  Joy is the only word to describe how dad and I feel looking at the pictures of these dear little ones.

Ken will you be available for a phone call in the next few days.

So if dad makes the meal does that mean I am on duty to do the dishes.

Good question.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just read one of your other comments mom, "i want to paint when I get older and have more time" that is very funny.Oops, now I forget what todays was about? Bible study, getting to know people. Oh, and Randy says when I cook I still have to clean up since I make such a horrible mess. He is home today though so I am thinking he is doing both. Sandra

Shandel said...

Cameron and I have that deal. if I cook (which i always do) then he cleans up, but more then likely i help. because he is my hard working man and i like to make sure that everything is done lol haha that is something maybe i should work on letting go of.....hrmmm

beth bennett said...

I have this plan when I get old I will move into a nice senior's home where the meals will all be made and I will take painting lessons sitting out in the sunshine with a big hat on!

So far dad has not cooked.

Love mom

Anonymous said...

i will call you Saturday ( your friday )
Ken