Thursday, October 6, 2011

DECISIONS

To post or not to post?

I find it very hard to make decisions about a lot of things.  What to make for supper, what to buy, where to go, what to wear, and even sometimes what to believe.

Dad has written an excellent well thought out blog on the old testament which basically expresses a lot of what I believe.

Today I can either go visiting or accept an invitation out for tea.  Maybe I can do both but I have found that trying to do too much does not work well with me.  I would like to do both.

Yesterday Jane and I had a good visit with our friend Louise whose health is failing.  She still has a good sense of humor and it was a fun visit even though there was an under lying sadness.  Louise knows she will have to go back in hospital if her heart and lungs cannot cope with keeping the fluid out of her lungs.
Louise is a dear old friend that has been coming faithfully to the church for many, many years. 

When I arrived home dad was talking on the phone to Dennis Diggle.  He is not doing well as he has had too strokes.  He wanted to talk about the guitar he had bought from Ron many years ago, thinking he may not have given him a fair price.  Dad and he plan to get together. We met Dennis at church where he was baptized many years ago too.

We all read and hear things differently which is good because it keeps me thinking.  I am still in the process of learning and searching.  I am always touched when I read about some one having a conversion experience and making a "decision" to follow Christ.  This often is a life changing experience but can rock the boat in which they are travelling in relationship with others.  Conversion can be a emotionally beautiful experience but one always has to come down from the mountain and work out your love for God and your love in your relationships.

I think that dad and I have some decisions to make about how to keep healthy and to keep positive.  The desire to keep busy is important if our bodies give us energy and less pain.  Dennis told dad about a doctor that maybe he should try. 

I look at some of the decisions that are being made in the world today and often feel frustrated when money and time is spent on glorifying projects and buildings and not helping those desperately needing shelter and food. 

I am glad our minister is uncommonly open-minded and humane with a humble manner and a good sense of humor.  We like getting the e-mails that are humorous and remind us of how very human we are and how we really more alike than we may realize.

I am thankful I do not need to go out and make a decision about a turkey.  I gladly leave that in Sandra's capable hands.

"Teach me to do Thy Will; for Thou art my God
Thy Spirit is good; lead me into the land ( a spiritual place)
of uprightness."    Psalm 143:10

I find great inspiration in the Palms and I like to think of david with his harp looking up at the stars and being filled with the wonder of creation that speaks of amazing grace and love.

3 comments:

larry bennett said...

Well dear - this a lot for one to digest quickly.

Just let me say - I am very thankful and appreciative and blessed that you are my wife.

love
larry

Anonymous said...

What a lovely comment from you Larry. lt warms my heart.to read it. Enyoy thanks giving with your family. Blessings , Jane

Anonymous said...

Say hi to Dennis for me , ken