Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DISAPPEARANCE

More and more things are disappearing.  Books, papers, glasses, purse, slippers etc.  One minute I know where they are and the next minute they have disappeared.  Dad has a much better attitude as he says they will turn up sooner or later somewhere. 

Had four visits yesterday, beginning with Carolyn who has self-published her book and it looks very nice and she gave me an autographed copy.  I had to cut the visit short to drive over to pick up Jane to drive to White Rock to see Marjorie who has terminal cancer.  She has a very good attitude and appreciates life even more at the moment.  She is resting a lot and cannot eat or drink very much at a time.  There is a relief when you know exactly what you are facing in life. 

Life can be very painful but God is never absent He promises to be with those who call out for his comforting presence.  There can be spiritual blessings in the care of our family and the loving prayers of friends. 

Then Jane and I went on to have tea with Jean as it was her birthday and she may have turned 90 we were not sure.

I was exhausted and chilled again by the time I arrived home and was thankful for the crock pot that had cooked the chicken and for dad who served it to me. 

I was sitting on the chesterfield when the door bell rang and my friend who I walk with came to get us to sign a paper for her.  She has very strong opinions and stood up to dad's very well.  I was thinking after that sometimes there is a fear behind the things we express in stating our positions of life.  Gundy has very strong ideas on life and death, health and illness, God and faith.  She enjoyed the stimulating conversation but I was on the point of going up to bed and she noticed I was weary and decided to leave.

Today Jane and I drive to Abbotsford for a U. C.W. meeting where women from all the different churches come together.  I said I would go to keep her company but only for half a day. 

Leah has said she would like to come and visit this afternoon.

There has been a disappearance of the church's influence in many of our communities yet there continues to be signs of faith that are "like flowers or weeds growing up through tiny cracks in the cement and signs of hope and faith appear everywhere."  The Illuminata"  

Tough times are ahead.  There are people willing to take a stand by peacefully demonstrating and camping out to protest the unfairness.  I am thankful that my faith has not disappeared and that I can also see the good sprouting up.

Is there a fear that their future is disappearing?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm, and I was just reading about the signs of alzhiemers. Sounds like a very busy day, aren't you lucky that dad is so different than you and is himself not running around and getting all tuckered out, rather he is happy to be at home, ready to feed you when you drag your worn out body home. Sandra

Anonymous said...

we all forget and miss place things mom,dont stress too much. Ken

Anonymous said...

even luongo forgets how to stop pucks !!

Ken

Anonymous said...

even luongo forgets how to stop pucks !!

Ken

Anonymous said...

even luongo forgets how to stop pucks !!

Ken

Anonymous said...

even luongo forgets how to stop pucks !!

Ken

Anonymous said...

even luongo forgets how to stop pucks !!

Ken