Saturday, October 8, 2011

THANKFULNESS

I  know it is up side down
It is very foggy early this morning as I try to be as quiet as a mouse with dad and Rick still sleeping.  I realize my picture is up side down.  I have so much to be thankful for and I think it is a great idea of Sandra's that she is going to have a paper runner across the table where people can draw or put what they are thankful for.  I am very grateful for the gas fire place in our T.V. room that is warming up the room.  I have brought my computer downstairs so as to not bother Rick.  I am sure he needs his rest after a long day at his seminar yesterday in Vancouver.  He arrived here about 8 and dad was busy with his new phone, a Samsung.  It reminds me of when we first got our computer and I had very little interest in it.  I basically use mine to write my morning journal and keep up with family and friends on face book.

We talked to Melina and Ken, Mathew and Jazzy in Melbourne.  Melina had gone off to work early in the morning while Ken had worked from home.  Yes, looking after children and cleaning up messes is a lot of work.  They have all been sick with a nasty flu bug that has spread through the family.  Ken managed to fight it off thank goodness.

Health is so important and I am so thankful to be healthy and to be able to walk and talk and read and enjoy my family and friends.  I am also thankful for a front porch to sit on, sun shine and fresh air, a son to walk with, music to listen to and a good book to read!

I am thankful for a hand to hold, some one to share my thoughts with and some one to snuggle up to at night and keep me warm!


Yesterday turned out a perfect fall day as I walked over to a friend's house.  Dad also went to have coffee with his old friend from work, Don Begg.  Don is a bachelor who is going to be brave and join us at Sandra and Randy's for dinner.  He loves to read and like me goes to the library and comes home with stacks of books that he keeps in a pile by his favorite chair.  Sounds just like me!

We are planing a walk in the water-shed park.  I am so thankful that dad is able to walk there.  He feels the numbness in his feet creeping up and that is a worry.  I suggest water exercise again.  Doctors are so little help in many areas. 

I am so thankful for all the amazing colors of fall that add so much beauty to days that are getting darker and darker.  I pray this morning for all those who are going through difficult times, especially those who feel hopeless and alone.  Maybe this is why people in New York and other areas are being drawn together hopefully to bring attention to their struggles. 

Yes it is difficult to feel thankful but I know that I can always find more and more to be thankful for when I start to think about it.  Thank you Lord for prayer and praise, love and laighter, peanut butter and jam!

I pray for peace in a world that is not peaceful but thankful for the peace that we have in our family with all our different gifts and personalities.  I am so thankful that we have fun when we get together.

"This is a world where hope is still imaginable, and for that, I am thankful.
Pete Martin      Vancouver Sun

2 comments:

Shandel said...

I hope you all have a lovely day and a great dinner together. i to love Sandra's idea about the paper runner. i cant wait to see a photo of what everyone chose to write or draw or post. I really enjoyed reading what you are grateful for. I am grateful for your blog! <3

Anonymous said...

Have a nice dinner at Sandra's. We dont have thanks giving over here , but i would thankfull for my health and of course my family.
ken