Sunday, October 23, 2011

DISCUSSION

This picture was taken in the light rain and I am reminded that even the dullness of the day and the raindrops can not take away from the beauty of nature. 

Tonight we meet in our group and we will be discussing suffering.  Not an easy topic.  It is good that we know each other well and know some of the suffering we each have experienced.  Words on the page of life have no meaning unless we find some purpose in suffering.  This cannot always be expressed but we can comfort others just with our presence.

The God above becomes the God within and the God within can bridge the gap between us when we feel the sadness and the pain of another.  My live only makes sense when I see it as who I am in the lives of others.  Family and friends and community are my teachers and bring me to a place of compassion and dignity in all life.

Science is opening up the mysteries of the human body with things that the human eye cannot see;  cells, atoms, molecules, etc.

Faith provides us with tools to see the unseen through prayer and scripture and experience.  Each of us have been given knowledge that can create and see beauty in all things.  All creatures great and small the Lord God made them all I sang with all my heart as a child.  My faith in God's goodness has been tested over the years but it is the strength that comforts and encourages me.

The story of my life seems unimportant and yet in this story are emotions, memories, relationships, failures, weakness, sufferings and joys and loves.  Imagination gifts me with the ability to see the unseen and to find spiritual significance in the struggles of life.


 I will do a short walk this morning as it is so good to see sunshine.  I will have to rest instead of going to church because I will need energy to go out tonight.  I wish I could be like others with lots of energy but I have to accept the fact that I am not!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting show on Nova on PBS is coming up that might interest you and your home-group.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/fabric-of-the-cosmos.html

The story of your life is not unimportant.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

no not unimportant mom
ken