Thursday, October 13, 2011

SIGHT

I went for a walk in the dark cold morning.  The sun shines on the frost on the trees.  The cars go speeding past me on Scott Road forced to move over when an ambulance comes screaming up behind them.  So I think there may have been an accident already.

But by the time we head into town the day is bright with sunshine and only a minor slow down.

This is the decoration at one of the eye glasses store and I love the lady who works there she is so full of fun.  We arrive at the wrong time which was my fault.  At least  we where early but it meant that I was sitting around for several hours.  I am amazed at how patient the people are that are sitting around waiting.  I wonder how those who are partially blind feel about having to be guided around.  It is hard to think that one day one may be dependent upon others. The people who work there are very friendly and kind.

I am trying not to let the little things and the difficult people irritate me.  At times we can all be insensitive.  William Blake was inclined to see human sins as phases through which humans pass and not as something substantial. 
Dad got some new eye drops which is good as he seems to be developing an allergy to the old ones.  His one eye the pressure continues to go up and may mean that he will be having laser surgery soon.  He goes back in a month.  Too bad it will not be Dec. then I could see the Christmas decorations!

We head down to the Sylvia to enjoy the view of the ocean and an excellent lunch.  Dad had his usual fish and chips.  This place has been apart of our lives every since we came to Vancouver.

We are so thankful that we can see and enjoy the beauty that is around us.

So much of life revolves around what we cannot control.
Just enjoying the fresh air and feeling alive is good!

God's light seems to bring harmony and peace.
God is light!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

frost already , snow soon ??
Dad should mix it up once in a while and get chips and fish ??
Ken