Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ANCIENT

Dad continues to be under the weather with a nasty exhausting cough.  He takes a half a pill and it helps him sleep at night so that helps me too..
I cannot believe he has gotten so sick I have been carefully giving him vitamins and good food but it just did not help this year.  I think this is going to hang around for awhile; so lots of liquid and the steamer going and rest.  Yes lots of germs here and there but I think if you are having headaches for weeks  you should be checked out.  I am doing okay and able to get us things like a pizza and new D.V.D.'s from library
.
 The oldies sometimes do not hear the phone maybe dad was coughing too much!
 
 
                                         My little treasures from the sea.
Jesus said:   "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth. ...but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Math. : 6:19

In Ancient times it was believed that if you had a heart you can be "saved" meaning you could recognize what was good in yourself and what was bad. (sin)  and believe in the mercy and goodness of God to release and heal you within and set you free.
 
Growing up I did not know about other religions at all and just knew there were Catholics and Protestants.  I would walk by a home for Catholic nuns and the odd glimpse I had of them I admired their calmness and beauty.  I thought it would be wonderful to have your heart so full of God's love that you would surrender all of your life to His service.  So good to be young.
 
All love needs to be expressed in words and in actions.  Jesus said the greatest commandment is to love others as yourself.    Love cannot be lived in isolation.     Love is what binds one heart to another or  the soul to the soul of the spirit.  Lack of love weakens the heart and soul.
 
So as a sign of his future mission Jesus took the water that was for washing and purification and turned it into wine.  According to our minister that meant there was no distinction between pure and impure and that Jesus wants to help us to be filled with love and his spirit.  A translation of an ancient story.
 
I will go for my walk again this morning, then it is off to Bible study at Colebrook.  It is always help- full to talk things over with others because they see things I do not.  Our study is in Genesis so that is ancient history!  Change of plans as my nose starts running and my throat is getting sorer.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Maybe your ringer is off? Does that mean you stayed home from your walk as well as not going to the bible study? I am hanging on, not giving 100%, just flirting with the cold. Sandra

beth bennett said...

No I did go for my walk figured it may make me feel better. Worth a try.
I hope to be better to-morrow.
love mom

Anonymous said...

Hot here today. Back to work tomorrow for four days,then 3 weeks off.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

How are you feeling Beth and Larry? I hope you can run faster than the bug Beth...and Larry I hope you are over the worst of the cold. Did you have the flu shot? We just got them recently and now I am going to get the shot for shingles. You have to order it through your doctor here in Mb. Apparently it has to be frozen. I have seen too many of my family and friends suffer with shingles and sure don't want to get it. it is really cold..-40 with the wind chill...but honestly it is just a real Manitoba winter. We dress for it and are Ok. When I was at the local store today a fellow walked 2 kms there across the lake. He wasn't cold...he was dressed for it! We are getting more snow again tomorrow...our snowbanks are the highest they have been in years already.Oh boy,more shovelling! I not only have to shovel out the walks and the cars, but have to shovel paths for our small dogs as the snow is much higher than them. love, nancy

Anonymous said...

Doctor visit time?

Love,

Rick