Wednesday, January 9, 2013

UNHURIED


HAPPY BIRTHDAY  JASMINE.  How wonderful to be three and have such a nice pony to snuggle with and a real back pack.  Lots of love and have fun, hopefully at the waterslides!
Hope your card arrives soon.  love grama and grandpa 
 
 
 
'The pace you set for yourself in the morning is likely to stay with you through the day. If you get up early and set a calm pace, it is much easier to resist the getting speeded up later as the pressures of the day close in on you." --Eknath Easwaran

Yesterday was a drizzly morning which turned into a down pour by afternoon.  Another reason I was thankful I had gone out early but a little later than my 7 o'clock.  People hurry by me all the time.  If I feel like a faster pace then I do so but that is not the goal of my walk.  It is to enjoy all I am seeing and enjoy being able to move and of course the fresh air.
 
I have always loved to read and so that is am important part of my day.  In the morning I read slowly to absorb and reflect on what I am reading.  I cannot read all the books or articles that I would like to, but I do not worry about trying to achieve this goal.  My goal has become to not crowd my day with too many things, which is partly by choice and partly because my energy is limited.
 
Prayer is a habit I have had since I was a child that just seemed to be natural thing to do.  In our family growing up this was a private thing you did yourself and other than grace I do not remember praying with my parents.  I wish I had prayed with my children.  It is an act of love.  I was coping with all the symptoms of celiac and the abuse of the doctors so was exhausted but they were fed and clothed and loved!   My chronic illness was hard on dad too.
 
" . . . to live through love in his presence."  Eph 1:3-4
 
I am aware that I can be fearful at times and the act of prayer is calming. 
 
"One reason why our meditation never really gets started is that perhaps we do not make the effort to (return to God) or to the center of our own nothingness and enter into the deepest reality of our relationship with him."  -Thomas Merton who I admire and appreciate.
 
"Authentic prayer calls us to deep honesty, to come out of hiding, (admit that I fall short of who I want to be, not to conform to the expectations of what a Christian "must be" but just to live up to my own hopes and desires) to quit trying to seem impressive, to acknowledge my dependence upon God and the reality of our sinfulness."  -Brennan Manning from a Glimpse of Jesus.

Jesus says that blessed is the one who admits their own poverty and their deepest needs.  Sometimes for me it is the grace of forgiveness.  Most often it is sharing the burdens I feel for others.  I am free to pray any time during the day but do try to begin the day with prayer.

I look over at my calender and pray for my favorite people my family.  I am so thankful we can keep in touch.  I pray for the healing love of Jesus to surround them and to fill them with his spirit.  I am so thankful for each one of our lives.

"If one looks into the gospels especially John's gospel "one can find the "shape of God's heart" and it is huge."--unknown author

When I return from my walk I enjoy coffee with dad and check to see if I have any comments.  I may or may not look at face book.  The rest of the day falls into place.  I check my blog again at night but do not use the computer much during the day.

It will be too bad if Jasmine cannot go to the water-slides but the weather will decide I guess.  Plans do not always work out and it can be a big disappointment.  I enjoyed my luncheon.
 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Hm, that is the second time this week I think my post has not posted...

Anonymous said...

No shoveling today, thank goodness.

It is nice that somebody let you in line at the post office.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

We a nice day at the water slides. Very hot and windy. The kids had a great time in the water.they did not enjoy the big slides too much. Jasmine
Said to me, thanks for my birthday, funny the things kids say ,almost broke my heart. Home now pizza and cake.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Glad you had a wonderful time and that was very special for Jasmine to say thank you.
Love you all love mom