Wednesday, January 16, 2013

BOOKS

A good day to read books.  I may need gloves on as it is cold in our room!
 
This is Monday morning.
 

I did go for my usual morning walk and then dad and I drove in the Audi to the library. Dad remarked as we were walking in that I was not returning very many books and he was right I had left some in another bag ready to go, at home.

I have always loved to read and find that now I can doze off too easily which is annoying.  I picked up the book "God" by Chopra while I was picking up a new British drama we had ordered. 

It will be another book that I have to read with complete attention and concentration.  I am sure each chapter I will stop and reflect about what I have read.  I am fortunate to have several good books that I am reading at the moment.  A good mystery is always something that you can get lost in as you become a part of the plot.

I think that Theresa has a good idea that there family practices on Sunday which is call a "no technology"  day which means no T.V. or computers or other tecky things.  I think that is excellent if families make an effort to develop closer relationships-and true enough this requires time.  It is so easy to get swept up in all that is going on around us.

"What period of life is more important and precious than the life of a child?"

"What better way to learn patience than by sharing time with children at their own pace and seeing life through their eyes." -- E.Easwaran

  I enjoyed playing games with Morgan and reading a bit to her but I want to find some better books to read to them.  Ben was very happy as he took dad's flight simulator home. We enjoy our time together even when it is short;  and  I am always happy when we get rid of clutter.(the simulator).
Just starting to read these.
 
Tuesday we decided to shop at a different grocery  store in White Rock but found it was difficult to find things and not only that,  there were not any sales that we could find.
 
Very happy to have a phone call that Wed. is our meeting of U.C.W. because had forgotten all ab out it.  Like I say I am more and more forgetful.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I have a huge pile of stuff to give away again too, one of the benefits of a leak, gets that closet cleaned out and lots of things are not going back in. Sandra

larry bennett said...

Yes but now you will have a nice new - big closet with nothing in it!!

Anonymous said...

Looks cold and wet there. Could be 40c here today.

Ken

Anonymous said...

Ian Rankin writes good mysteries.

Love,

Rick