Friday, January 4, 2013

HOPE


"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul,
 that sings the song without words and never stops at all" --Emily Dickinson

I know what it is like to feel that I am helpless and in darkness. I know there is always hope so I wait for the light, the astonishing light.  This picture is from the forest and we thought it was a mushroom but it is wood growing so different in shape and color than the tree that it is growing on that it fooled us both.
                               It is very hard and strong and very much a part of the log.
Scripture talks about being firm and grounded in the love of God.  We become apart of who He is yet we are different and through our humility find His strength growing within us.

                "Sadness at times can carve a hollow area in our souls" -Tattoos on the Heart.
                               Love fills it.  The sacred in the ordinary like the bread and the wine.

"Someone fills the cup in front of us and we taste sacredness". --Tattoos on the Heart.
 Cling to that sacredness and you find life knowing that love is filling you. 
Jesus says:  "be healed".

Did not go out walking Thursday as I was afraid it would be slippery and I felt a little more tired than usual.  Dad had planned to get up in the night to watch Canada play U.S.A but watched it in the morning instead.  Very disappointing game.

I walked down to see the ducks when the sun warmed up the sidewalk.  While I went visiting dad put the battery in the other car, which was next to impossible according to him.

I think I have finally got all my Christmas decorations down and dad loaded the tree back in the box for another year!     This morning we are visiting Jaz, Cathy's daughter and new little son.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY!  !

                           

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Kenny. But you really really should come back to Facebook. Just be freinds with us important people. We miss you and Facebook was made for situtions like ours, with families so far apart. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

That is a fungus that is growing on the tree...we have them here too, in Manitoba. I believe there is something that is healing in them to native folks.
Nice pictures Beth.Love Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

That is a fungus that is growing on the tree...we have them here too, in Manitoba. I believe there is something that is healing in them to native folks.
Nice pictures Beth.Love Nancy