Thursday, January 3, 2013

LOVE

                                    Love never fails. . . . .1Corintians;13

Entering the New Year is like standing on the edge of time.  Some things will change but others remain the same.  I will be challenged by the negative in my life, and very blessed with all the positive.  I want to find scripture to be more than  just reading words but sometimes my mind flows off into other places.

 I am thankful that I feel loved and have so many trusting friends to love, as well as my family. 

Dad walks on ahead as I take this picture as I have been doing all the way along on our walk.  All is quiet around me and it is as if I am alone with my thoughts.  I think of Ken and Carol and Pentali and Kim so far away across the waters.  There have been so many changes in all our lives that have been good and meaningful and  a learning experience.   Love is being a part of a family knowing no distance can separate us.  That is why love never fails but lives on and on and on.

I think that Buddhists say  that separation is an illusion. 
 
Wow !  That is what most people especially young people say when we say how long we have been married.  Love takes effort and patience and a good sense of humor!
 
Wow!  Nature is so amazing. White frost covered the ground  and the cars this morning while a beautiful pink flooded the sky.    I feel like working outside not doing cleaning inside which was my plan for the day,

Wow! Randy and Sandra are so amazing working sooooooo hard putting new floor in their two bedrooms.  Renovations can be messy and stressful.  Way to go you two!

Wow!  I cannot believe how Jassy and Mathew are growing.

Had a phone call from Uncle Brian and they are very thankful the cancer has not spread yo the lymph nodes.  Auntie Traudl will be having radiation in Kelowna in Feb.  They stay at a special cancer hostel for the 5 weeks.  This has taken a lot out of them both but neighbors have been very kind and caring.  Their lives have been completley changed, no cross-country skiing or hiking just very short walks around the block right now.

Thomas Merton writes, "We discover our true selves in love."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Traudle is not worse. With them being there for 5 weeks you have lots of time to go visit them. I like to say I have been married for 29 years, it just was not to the same man. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Those are nice photos mom. 26C when I woke today to go to work at 4am, going to be 41c and windy. Extreme fire danger today.
Ken

larry bennett said...

Wow - that is hot - to hot - especially with a wind, it will feel like a blast furnace.

Oh, our team lost 5-1 to the usa - too bas, but they were out played all the way!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing in the New Year with lovely pictures and positive thoughts in spite of difficulties. Love you my dear friend . Jane.

craig decraene said...

Where was that picture taken... Nice scenery

Anonymous said...

9pm ans still 38c, could be a foolish change with southerly wind around midnight. I went for a walk when it was 41c around 5pm, my shoe's almost melted.
Ken

Anonymous said...

Ps , yes I listened to the game at 9pm last night , heard the last period. What a let down. After the Russian game I thought we had it won,.
ken

beth bennett said...

Hi Craig, The picture was taken on the dyke road down below Colebrook Road. Take care and Happy New Year.

love grama B