Saturday, January 12, 2013

REMEMBERING

>

Today the service of celebrating the life of Robbie will be held at a church in Surrey.  Dad and I are picking up Sandra so we will go together.  She is back doing her accounting studies.  Good for her.

Life is so full of memories and some we never forget.  Preparing and attending a service to remember a loved one can be very difficult but it is a good thing to do.  I now count both Robbie and Chuck as very good friends and so thankful that I had so many good visits with Robbie.  The whole family was very supportive and loving and faithful through it all. 

Dad and  are especially proud of Theresa as she shared emotionally and also practically with them both.  She took on many tasks with courage and determination.

Life and death are all part of the human experience but the comfort for me is knowing that
God is  Lord over all things on heaven and earth.
 Good will triumph over evil and good can be created out of suffering.
  
I know that I have so much to be thankful for and that I will try to make healthier choices.
It is so good to have sunny days, and especially for today, I am glad the light in shining on us all.

I have heard many amazing stories from some of the elderly that I visit and times when they have gone through a near death esperience.The door that seems to separate us from eternity is no more than a sheer curtain, and many have seen  glimpses of loved ones before they pass on.  I pray I sense that the spirit of Jesus lives to give us life abundantly here and now and also will be there to welcome us into the place on the other side of the door.

God is Lord of time and space .

 So many things we thought were important now become
worthless compared to love of family.

I pray this day goes well for the Alexander family!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It is so nice, and I dont know why, but somehow surprising to see the children grow up and become adults. I guess in away it feels like a "push" towards a new stage in my own life. Ah, but I get to go to school today and hang out with the young kids, fun! Sandra

Anonymous said...

sunny but cold . Better than the rain I guess.Two days off today.Melina is going for a job interview tomorrow at Qantas Valet,
KEN

nancy-Lou said...

A tough day for you and the Alexander family...tomorrow brings a new day and new hope for good things to happen.
Pretty roses Beth, they look to be a soft coral colour. Your Thomas Merton quote of a few days ago has spurred a few people in to looking him up...and he is good, isn't he?
We were digging out after the blizzard...we received about 10 inches of snow, but it drifted in the strong wind and was hard to shovel. I enjoyed the cold cold weather through..- 25 with a strong wind. Got a little frost bitten on my chin..but it will be OK. My little dogs didn't stay out for long. Love Nancy