Tuesday, January 1, 2013

THE UNKNOWN ROAD


 A long and unknown road ahead for Traudl and Brian and I will travel with them in my prayers.

As I think about the year that has in many ways flown by I am full of joy for the happy monents, full of questions about the uncertain times and felt deep sorrow and grief at other times. Our new year begins waiting and hoping for good news knowing that I again must trust in the slow work of God. It reassures me to know that the tenderness of Jesus knows no bounds and continues to work unseen in our lives.

Dad and I walked on the dyke on Sunday after the hockey game and after I returned from church.  There was a great number of people and most of them are so very friendly.  It seemed like a happy time for the families walking with their children, some got tired of the slow pace and ran ahead while others rode bikes over the rough ground.  Others seem to be talking intensely maybe glad of a time just to be together and to talk and walk.  I have always found this to be a good combination.

Each day will take us on a new journey of faith.  A time to reassess the old attitudes and try to proceed forward with grace and truth and hopefulness.   Not always easy. I was thinking today how I am looking at life with old eyes that have seen and experienced many good years.

SO  what did you do  New Year's Eve? 

We know Ken watched fireworks and after a nap went to work. 

We have never celebrated it in any great fashion; often a time to play cards or games.  We had a  choice to either go grocery shopping yesterday,, because we are getting low on food or else just eat out.  You will never guess.
 
There is beauty even in the old. I am reminded there is beauty too in the old stories.

New life is already showing in the garden and it aways amazes me to see little buds forming.  The heather is already blooming not afraid of the snow or cold.  Each day will begin a new embracing of what is happening in side of us and around us.  For me it means letting go of past regrets of which I have a few.  I believe, and I think belief is so important, or I would just be an empty shell of a person;
that God's compassion is bigger than my sinfulness and His love does not keep a record of my wrongs.  Mercy is such a powerful gift to those of us who  at times feel unworthy.
 
So the road that lies ahead of us is unknown but hopefully learning from our weaknesses will help us, or me, become an over comer.  None of us is perfect but I believe that we have the gift of our self to offer to each other.
                                        Time to open my new calender and put it up.

Thankful for new phones that hopefully will help us hear better!

6 comments:

Shandel said...

Happy New Year Gramma and Grampa Bennett!
Cameron was feeling a bit under the weather, so we stayed home for New Years eve. We did go out the day before and had a lovely lunch/dinner together and did some shopping for our future Hawaii trip. After he slept all day and i went to the gym and visited my dad. I came home and he was feeling a bit better so we watched movies i made him a pizza...it was nice to just lounge on the couch with our fur babies. Entering the New Year with a clear head is always a good call instead of a fuzzy not so clear hungover one LOL
:D
beautiful calendar
xo

Sandra said...

I wish I had gotten out more over the holidays. I kept hoping that if I rested sooner or later I would have energy. Nope. Randy and I did make it out to the movie last night, even though he worked right up till 6:00 pm. I ordered the tickets online and he just rushed in the door, changed his close and we left. Did not like the movie though. For all the amazing things they can do these days it is so dishearning to see them not be more creative. I hate the back ground music with a passion. Oh well, time to start on the bedroom floor, better go help Randy lay out the wood. Sandra

Anonymous said...

What movie Sandra?
Had the longest day yesterday , on 2 hours sleep , felt terrible ,went to bed at 8:30pm after Melina went to her mom's house as she is looking after the kids as both Melina and I are working today. Matthew sooo wants to see " THE lIFE OF PI" he loves the tiger. We will go together as it's probably not Jasmines's type of movie . We are planning dinner and a movie for my birthday.
Ken

Shandel said...

Cameron and I also want to she the life of Pi it looks so good. Sandra i am curious too what movie you went to see? we have some movie gc to use up and we love movie/date night, but we are not very impressed with what is showing at the moment. hrmmm there are lots of good ones coming out though in 2013~

Sandra said...

We went to see the hobit. And while a lot of the visual stuff is fantastic I think where they miss out on is the sounds. Plus, the hobit was as a fast paced book with something always happening. If they didn't waste so much time on fight scenes they could bring more of the magic to the movie.The movie people dragging it out into 3 movies is stupid. I love the guy doing the Bilbo though. You really get a sence of his character evolving.

Shandel said...

they do that to make money i am pretty sure. i did enjoy that movie and i was surprised seeing how i didnt enjoy LOTR so much lol i loooved the character of Bilbo too he was perfect. Cameron was like a kid in the candy store for that movie and he cant wait for the rest of them to come out haha