Wednesday, January 2, 2013

CALM

The promises of  Jesus are like a shining light that continues to flow towards us giving us hope and peace that all will be well.  My thought when I looked at this picture is that Jesus still walks on the water even though I cannot always see him.  May the Lord bless and keep you and may the face of the Lord shine upon us all.

O God of  Love let thy light glow softly within so that I may be calm  and peaceful.

My main goal in this a new year is to live calmly, at peace with myself, my circumstances, and my relationships.  On Monday I remained calm when my car keys had sailed out the door in dad's pocket when he went to Costco with Sandra.  I was dressed ready to go and take Jim his first milkshake of the New Year.  I looked everywhere and had just decided I would walk over to the store when dad arrived back home; so I accomplished my mission to a very grateful but very ill man.

So I am up my usual early morning to greet the New Year when who should appear but dad thinking there is hockey on but there is not; but we do enjoy our morning breakfast together.  Then I start planning our day.  A good day to move our old mattress out to the back shed with help from Sandra and Randy.  Then it was off to drop a card off to Pat and John's house as we had forgotten her birthday.  Not a nice day foggy and cold.  Reminding us of the first year we moved here and the fog was so dense the bus driver would have to stop and have someone looked at a sign to tell him where we were.

I believe that there are great spiritual benefits from a calm and unhurried mind and a more intentional life.

"Every moment is a doorway to meaning, purpose, and joy.
The key is an unhurried mind."
-Eknath Easwaran 

3 comments:

Sandra said...

My goal, in a very loose general kind of way, is to listen better. I tend to jump to conclusions pretty fast based on the first words out of someones mouth. I might try and wait until the sentance is finished before pouncing! Sandra

Anonymous said...

I will try and lose some weight, maybe go gluten free to see if I feel better.Tomorrow id day 6 of earlies. 41c tomorrow, should have got air conditoner!!!
ken

beth bennett said...

Hopefully you can start to get more sleep. but good ideas. It is miserable to not feel as good as you would like.
love mom