Monday, April 8, 2013

DELUSION

                    
P4050411
 
It is so easy to become delusioned about life and its meaning and purpose.
 
Am I just listening to the voice of my own imagination in the morning silence?  Am I deluded by thinking that if I read and meditate upon scripture I will find God's will for me?  I know some one has said "first do no harm".  How can I know if my feelings and insights are leading me in the right direction?
 
The door was open, the coffee made, the goodies prepared, the living room dusted and the bathrooms   clean and we were ready to welcome our friends,  in from the rain, to discuss a serious and difficult book by Henri, a speaker and a writer and a spiritual guide to many. 
 
Dad and I are fortunate to have a minister who is open to discussion and who I believe has a spiritual sensitivity.
 
Our study at our house Sunday asked if we really want to live a life of prayer and meditation and what is prayer that is from the heart?  Each of us has different gifts and personalities and hearing what others think and have discovered is so very helpful to me.
 
Henri can be difficult to understand because he writes from an honesty about his own difficulties and sees the spiritual life as a journey.  He writes about a pilgrim who is filled with immense joy in his experiences of the presence of joy.  Where ever he goes he cannot resist speaking about God who dwells within him; not to convert anyone but to share his happiness. 
 
I feel the same that to just write a blog that does not include some spiritual insight that I am discovering would not be worth the effort. 
 
We had a lively discussion that did not always stay on topic but decided one of the messages was to be authentic, with ourselves and with others and with God.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we did not drop by this weekend. After studying went out to Vancouver to hear Keith play and then Sunday went and did some open house shopping with Carol. Randy is back to work today finally. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I don't the idea of "the god that dwells inside him (me)" is actually that helpful. It might be true, in some way or another, but I believe (and you know I've never been wrong :)) that is a wrong path.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I guess Dad watched the Tennis? Good news that Canada won.On early shift this week, did not sleep too well.Jasmine and Matthew are feeling better , slight cough , but better. A real nasty virus going around at the moment.The kids are on school holidays for another week.
ken

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that we missed the concert with Keith and Susan. My brother phoned to say that my dad had taken a turn for the worse so I booked my flight Sunday morning and was quite rushed to get things ready for leaving on Sunday night.

He has stablized somewhat, but is still being fed mostly through IV tubes and we are taking things one day at a time.


Hopefully I will have better news the next time I write.

Love Panteli

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that we missed the concert with Keith and Susan. My brother phoned to say that my dad had taken a turn for the worse so I booked my flight Sunday morning and was quite rushed to get things ready for leaving on Sunday night.

He has stablized somewhat, but is still being fed mostly through IV tubes and we are taking things one day at a time.


Hopefully I will have better news the next time I write.

Love Panteli

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up-date Panteli. A very stressful time for all the family and it is good you could be there. Keep you in my prayers.
love Beth