Saturday, April 13, 2013

DISCOVERIES

What a wet miserable day it turned out to be but the good news was the treatment at the Peace Arch Hospitalwas rxcellent  and they will continue the testing to-morrow. Dad is still having pain again now.  Third day at emergency.   @ 12:30

P4080473

  I am amazed  in times of difficulty we discover new things about each other and ourselves. 

I am also reminded that the good things in life can be temporary and that each day is precious, even the not so good days.  Knowing that others are having problems and making the best of things is a comfort to us.
 
Thank you Nancy for sharing I can relate to what you are dealing with too.

Had a phone call from Ken and had a chat with Jasmine and Matthew and they sound so adorable.  It looks like Ken with be scheduling his eye operation soon.  Hopeful it will not be as painful as they are preparing him for; but it does sound miserable. 

Jane is in good spirits after her knee operation and I feel bad I have not been over for a visit; but the church are wonderfully caring.

Kim made an exciting discovery at the airport. Kim was so amazed that  the airport customs man was an Ateah and he came from the same part of Lebanon as her family.  He spelt his name differently but and they had older relatives with the same name.
 
Dad and I will be at the Peace Arch Hospital again today having a Ultra Sound and more tests but we feel very confident that we will have good care.  I will add what they have dicovered later today.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

OK, will look forward to more updates. I have my work friends over for dinner tonight. Hopefully will still get some studying in.
Sandra

Shawna said...

Grandma and Grandpa we are thinking about you here! We love you so much and I hope grandpa starts feeling better.

As I speak we are having a large snowfall. They said we would expect around 20cm. I am really starting to hate snow! Haha. I would take your rain over snow any day!

Love you!

Shandel said...

Cameron and I are thinking about you guys as well. We hope to hear some good news. Sending you all lots of love and hugs.
Daisy sure loves that snow, we just did our walk and it was blustery.
Love you

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't have to wait too long for the ultra-sound!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Melina thinks I am crazy , up at 5am to watch the Canucks game !
Yes hope you feel better soon Dad.

Ken

Anonymous said...

Should have stayed in bed .....KEN