Thursday, April 4, 2013

UNPLUGGED

          "I think God is a mystery but Jesus' priorities are not.
                               - Catherine Keller
P4010389
I am so grateful that we are not having such a long cold white winter as back on the prairies.  Unreal!
Next will be the threat of flooding.
 
I omitted Kim and Shandel.  Shandel is teaching Yoga to the children at Wabamum School.  My head spins trying to keep up with all they are doing.  I"m glad our family has goals, dreams and ideas and all the grandchildren both boys and girls are willing to try new things.
 
I woke up early yesterday morning and noticed the pond was very  still and the water not running into it as usual.  My first thought was that the raccoons had broken the hose again but no dad had unplugged it.  Earlier in the day he had sawed through the electrical wirer when he was trying to cut back the bamboo tree growing so wide and so tall.  He managed to fix it as this was not the first experience of this kind.
 
The chill was back in the air today but the sun comes out and chases it away.  Dad and I have had a low energy day for some reason and it was okay.  We walked over to do some shopping and I finally got some new runners as my others were falling apart.
 
Reading about the disciples walking back to the small village called Emmaus I thought how easily they had become unplugged from the teachings of Jesus.  They did not recognize him so blinded by grief and disillusion.  They believed that they had plugged into the new kingdom that Jesus had called them into.
 
There is so much pain and hunger and violence in this world that one feels like unplugging the old T.V. set and forgetting about it all.  Sadly a lot of people have also forgotten about God.  Those who are adrift and indifferent can turn to petty crime and destructive behavior.
 
How do you become unplugged from  God?
 
When you forget about all the people He cares about!
 
 
P4020391
 
As Christians the Bible teaches us to remember the widow, the orphan and the refugee and the poor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry - I'm sure those pesky raccoons will find a way to cause problems yet!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Bamboo or that tall grass? I really should come dig it out. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes it is the tall grass and it looks very brown and dried up.
Yes I can always use advice, and dad too.

Yes the raccoons have their eyes on us!

love mom

Anonymous said...

The kids are all better , just a short infection , I hope. Off today if the grass dries out I will cut it.. The kids may go to the zoo with their cousin visiting from far North Queensland.
Ken