Friday, April 19, 2013

JUNK

P4060443Trying to put out our junk for the yearly collection is hard because even junk has a memory attached.  Going through books to donate to the church is especially hard

I am always thankful to have something to read and every time I go through my books especially it is hard to decide which ones should go.

I will go visiting today and to-morrow go over to the church to help put out articles for the big garage sale at the church.

Right now my mind seems a jumble of "junky" thoughts and also find my mind wandering when I am talking to people.   Visiting will be a good test for me today.

 I pray that I will find the grace and peace to still my mind and heart.  For worry will not change or heal our world.

Reading scripture I find the writers seem to have the same worries and fears and questions that I do.  They are a product of their time and their culture so their ignorance about modern discoveries affects the direction and the meaning they find in their situations.

Reading the Psalms one discovers the existentially meaningless and hostile world and the agonizing decisions to be made in light of this.  Choose life we are encouraged to do.  A life worth living means having goals that flow out of your own soul.

Dad not quite so good, indigestion and bloating but No pain.  He did not go to his Hospice meeting;it is too late and he does not have enough energy,  Neither one of us likes driving on wet dark rainy nights like last night.

He  watched the disappointing hockey game instead.

Today I will help at church and later visit Jane.  Sounds like she has enough chicken casseroles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Church garage sales are good things that let people get together and do things together in a different way.

Sorry Dad is having digestion problems.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I am in pre moving mode, so the more I can get rid of now the better. Sandra

Anonymous said...

well it was the worst Canucks game of the year.... Maybe they have the flu as well.
Ken